Is he not interested?

jd619

I met this guy online almost 2 weeks ago. We went out on 3 dates, and had a great time on every one of them. After the first two dates he would always text me after the date to tell me he had a great time and invite me out on another date. On Sunday, we spent a majority of the day together. We went to a museum, then we got coffee and talked until the place closed. Then we took a walk through a park until 10pm just having great conversation. During our walk he held my hand and kissed me and I felt like we really connected that day. That night I texted him telling him I had a great time and thanked him. He said that he had a great time as well and would like to possibly meet up Tuesday (today) or another time, offering to cook dinner for me. I said sure, and haven't heard from him at all. I thought he would have texted me yesterday or today to let me know if he was free for today but it was complete silence. I don't want to seem needy or annoying so I didn't say anything at all to him yesterday. My friend told me to text him asking how he's doing so I sent it not too long ago, but now I'm regretting it. If he really wanted to talk I feel like he would text me. A lot of guys I have dated do a 'disappearing act' after the 3rd date for some reason. I really don't think I said or did anything wrong. I really am not sure about if this guy is interested or not. How should I go about this?

Glad it went well so far. You're right 2 weeks 3 dates things can just not progress. People may be multidating, get back with and ex, just flake or lose interest. Who knows?

Agree sending meaningless 'how are you' type texts are regrettable. It seems like a nudge/nag not a communication.

It sounds like he using the 3 date rule where at home and hopefully sex are for date 3. Maybe he was hoping you would invite him out or over for dinner.

Ok now just wait it out and see if he responds.

I met this guy online almost 2 weeks ago. We went out on 3 dates. He said that he had a great time as well and would like to possibly meet up Tuesday (today) or another time, offering to cook dinner for me. My friend told me to text him asking how he's doing so I sent it not too long ago, but now I'm regretting it.
I would give him sometime to reply.

Sounds like he is busy. I wouldn't tell somebody that I will cook for them if I didn't mean it.

He'd have to be insanely busy to flake out after basically setting up the 3rd date. But I agree with Wiseman, if its at his place he's going to be expecting nookie. Perhaps he knows you aren't long term material and has gone missing as an act of respect. I did that with a girl that I thought only had one kid, but turned out she had two. I checked out right when I found that out, but I still cuddled and made out with her .

It is strange that he hasn't gotten a hold of you but maybe something came up, or maybe he's sick. If you do hear from him and it's not busyness or sickness and he doesn't mention another date, then you will know that he's not into you.

Don't text again, it will look desperate. He knows how to contact you if he wants to.

Things seemed to be progressing very well. It's weird that he wanted to meet today and hasn't followed up or even said anything about it. I'd just wait and see and see what justification does he come up with. But as others said, the ball is on his court now. Also as others stated, at 3rd date inviting you home seems like an invitation for more.

I met this guy online almost 2 weeks ago. We went out on 3 dates, and had a great time on every one of them. After the first two dates he would always text me after the date to tell me he had a great time and invite me out on another date. How should I go about this?

No matter how well the dates went, you're not going to know a person's true character after only two weeks. I've been in that position, and I didn't let my dating guard down. I still took it one date at a time (was prepared for anything). Conflicting signals are always a red flag.

As far as what to do, keep dating (don't wait on him). If he contacts you again, decide then on what to do (based on how long he takes & the excuse he uses). If you decide to go out with him again, it goes back to ground zero, meaning that you can't count on anything truthful on what took place in the past.

I agree with SoulTaker: keep dating and don't wait around for this guy. Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens all the time. He may contact you later on or he may not; either way, you will have kept moving forward. Dating is often a numbers game.

Archived