My girlfriend is pressuring me to engage to her

Anon3487

She's not mentally unstable. She is just a girl that wants to get married. You don't want to marry her, so let her go. She will thank you later once she finds the guy that wants to marry her.

For what it's worth, both guys that didn't want to marry me are still childless and single, while I'm married with a son. You will be doing her a favor by dumping her.

She is that, but i think she is a bit immature if she is weeping over wedding videos and saying a guy she NEVER met was "the one"

She's not mentally unstable. She is just a girl that wants to get married. You don't want to marry her, so let her go. She will thank you later once she finds the guy that wants to marry her.

For what it's worth, both guys that didn't want to marry me are still childless and single, while I'm married with a son. You will be doing her a favor by dumping her.

Gonna have to pull the cord on that one. It's one thing to watch a YouTube video and say, "that would be nice." It's another to then turn around and press your 20-year old boyfriend of less than a year for marriage.

No one's saying she's going to be the next John Wayne Gacy, but what other big life decisions is she going to make because she watched a Jenna Marbles video?

Personally, I'd wish her the best. I wouldn't trust that locking you down is out of her mind, and I hope you use condoms she doesn't have access to because if she can't lock you down one way, she may look for others.

Not saying it's a definite thing, but why risk it? You're young with a whole life, professional and romantic, to look forward to.

Archived