I Think I'm Unloveable.

lpell

I know that that title probably sounds pretty exaggerated but I think there is a lot of truth to it. I'm a 21-year-old college student and all my life, I suppose, I haven't really felt loved in my romantic encounters. And I don't know if you could even consider them "romantic encounters", but moreso one-sided-relationships, usually me being the on the giving-side. Honestly, I just don't think that guys like me, or could like me. I try to put a lot of effort into myself both physically and emotionally, trying every day to become a be a more well-rounded and self-sufficient woman. But at the end of the day when I'm laying in bed I have those anxiety-ridden and suffocating thoughts about the one area of my life that has been utterly blank: my love life.

I have had a handful of guys who've hit on me pretty explicitly letting me know what was on their minds, but as far as real, genuine interactions, there's nothing.

I understand that this is rather ambiguous and there is no secret formula for me to not feeling like such a loser, but I guess I just want to know if other people have felt this way and maybe overcame it? There was a person that I cared dangerously deeply and genuinely about who hurt my heart after I bluntly mustered up the courage to tell him how I felt and ever since then, everthing around me these last three months has lost it's color, smell, and taste.

Thank you xx

Keep doing this and don't give up on dating. Just filter better and only invest in guys who seem genuinely and mutually interested. Take it slowly and meet people at college activities, study groups, clubs, sports, etc. Don't worry about 'finding love' just reframe it that dating is to have fun and see if you like them enough to keep going.

I try to put a lot of effort into myself both physically and emotionally, trying every day to become a be a more well-rounded and self-sufficient woman.

Archived