Received Letter from Ex Around 2 months Post BU

Griffey

Both 30, were dating for a little over a year. We broke up because she has an eating disorder and lost her job and she was stressed and just thought something was off so we were having issues for a month or two, then we just mutually pulled the trigger. I really don't know why we broke up though, I still have trouble articulating it. It seems ridiculous to me. Strict NC for almost two months. Last week she mailed a letter to me basically saying:

"Hey I was cleaning out my apartment because I'm moving next week and I found this receipt for your watch you should have. Saw you switched jobs I'm happy for you that you left that job. I can't believe how long already it's been since we last saw each other. I think about you every day. I miss the out of you and us. I can't stop. I hope that you're ok and that you're finding happiness. Love always."

I don't know. Sounds like she just felt like writing a letter and there's no underlying meaning. But she misses me and thinks about me everyday...I don't know what it means. I certainly wouldn't open up like that saying how much I miss someone. What do you guys make of this letter? Just leave it alone?

It sounds like this is an opening for the friendzone? Do you want to reconcile? Did she use the 'need space to work on myself' excuse to break up?

"Hey I was cleaning out my apartment because I'm moving next week and I found this receipt for your watch you should have. Saw you switched jobs I'm happy for you that you left that job. I can't believe how long already it's been since we last saw each other. I think about you every day. I miss the out of you and us. I can't stop. I hope that you're ok and that you're finding happiness. Love always."

You think? I didn't take it as friend zone. If anything I thought she's just lonely and misses me a lot but isn't looking to get back, yet feeling vulnerable.

Do I want to reconcile? I don't know. I miss her a lot. If everything was perfect I wouldn't rule it out. I'm not actively wishing for it and crying myself to sleep over it though. She didn't use the space thing, we just spoke about how things felt off and she was nervous to move forward for several months, then finally it got to a point where I was like we can't do this, let's just break up if you aren't sure.

Archived