He won't really text me as much? Is he losing interest?

StarGirl17

I met a guy halfway through January and we've been on two dates. We both agreed that we didn't want a relationship right now and we would date and see where it went. We both said we would talk about it after a few months and see where it went. We are both going on separate girlie/lad holidays in August and said we would talk properly after that and see how we feel. We were texting non stop everyday but for the last few days, it has seriously dwindled. I told him I was free from work until Thursday and he said he was working 6 days a week doing overtime and said that we will arrange to do something again when we were both free. He's trying to save as much money as he can to pay off his holiday. He told me today that he's working tonight but off tomorrow. I've send him a message saying "I got an idea if you're up for it?" I was thinking of asking him down tomorrow. I'm worried though cos he hasn't been as responsive as usual and I'm wondering if he's losing interest or if he really is just tired. We live about an hour apart and he told me he doesn't mind the travelling cos it's worth it. Am I reading too much into the less texting? Do guys really not place much on texting like us girls do? I just want to get to know him better but it's gonna be hard if he's working massive overtime for the next 5 weeks like he said.

The biggest indicator of interest is wanting to spend time together, not texting frequency or response times, etc. At this point you had 2 dates and both want casual. Just relax and see if he responds to your invitation.

That'll do! Sorry, I know you're right! It's just hard not to overthink. He hasn't responded to my last message yet but I know he's working. He just hasn't been as flirty as usual so I assumed the worst as always.

I think this trip in August is going to cause some serious snags in the love department. If he's constantly working, trying to save as much money as he can, and you live 1 hour apart, these are snags.

Unless you downgrade it to just casual, you should be out there dating others and keep him as an option when nothing better's going on.

I think this trip in August is going to cause some serious snags in the love department. If he's constantly working, trying to save as much money as he can, and you live 1 hour apart, these are snags.

Unless you downgrade it to just casual, you should be out there dating others and keep him as an option when nothing better's going on.

They are snags but we said we would talk properly after our trips and see how we feel then

We were texting non stop everyday

This right here. You've conditioned yourself for instant gratification, and also established expectations built around a fairly impersonal form of communication. For this reason, I personally steer away from daily texting.

Also, what the heck are you guys going to "talk about" down the road? You've been on 2 dates, with a tremendous amount of time in between. Frankly there's nothing to talk about besides when your next in-person date is.

This right here. You've conditioned yourself for instant gratification, and also established expectations built around a fairly impersonal form of communication. For this reason, I personally steer away from daily texting.

Also, what the heck are you guys going to "talk about" down the road? You've been on 2 dates, with a tremendous amount of time in between. Frankly there's nothing to talk about besides when your next in-person date is.

You have the right idea about steering away from daily texting. I might actually start the same thing to be honest.

We said we would see how we are getting on etc and see if we want to take it any further. This will be after more dates. There was two weeks between the dates. It's hard when we both work and live an hour apart

Archived