Starting to get fed up advice needed

time4takeoff

I have been with my girlfriend for just over 4 months we both love each other however we are constantly arguing over silly things. When it comes to her wanting to do something with me and I tell her my opinion i.e. going on holiday to a country during the hurricane season isn't a good idea she sees that as i never want to do anything with her and my answer is NO to everything she wants to do with me which isn't true I am just telling her my opinion as say we will go there or do that another time or when we have money.

She tries telling me what to do and tries to make me feel bad i.e. she can't swim and she said she wants to go swimming lessons and if i was with her whilst swimming then I'd let her drown or if someone become violent towards her i wouldn't protect her.

She wants to do loads of things just now swimming lessons, karate lessons, study for a career change, move out from where she is living and pass her driving test all in a short space of time. I have already told her she needs to calm down and take one thing at a time otherwise her mind will explode but she isn't listening she wants everything yesterday. She currently works as a live in au pair and works long hours. She wants to get out of the job that she is in but she has no family here to move in with. I have said if everything goes well with myself and her then she can move in with me in a few months time maybe towards the end of the year.

We both live 2 hours away from each other. I put the effort in to go and see her and she comes by train some of the way and then she comes back to my place in my car. We see each other for a day and half Sunday evening/ Monday. I work on Monday she comes to work with me and has a look round town whilst I'm working for a few hours. She could stay at my place but she wants to come with me which I'm happy with.

She is always buying me stuff as well but I don't understand her attitude towards me when we don't see each other and why she has to put me down with negative comments like saying id let her drown even with her knowing that I am a strong swimmer.

What should I do and what would you do in this situation?

I wouldn't plan on moving in with someone who belittles you on purpose, who you don't seem to respect to maker her own choices and who you are often arguing with.

You get along this poorly now and you are only hanging out once a week. What makes you think living together would be a good idea?

Unfortunately she sounds like a lot of drama and unrealistic babbling. Stop trying to change her and run her life. At 4 mos of dating what you see is what you get, not just the package it comes in. Plus 2 hrs LDR is unrealistic for you to bother pursuing this.

I have been with my girlfriend for just over 4 months we both love each other however we are constantly arguing over silly things. We both live 2 hours away from each other. I put the effort in to go and see her and she comes by train some of the way and then she comes back to my place in my car. We see each other for a day and half Sunday evening/ Monday. She is always buying me stuff as well but I don't understand her attitude towards me when we don't see each other and why she has to put me down with negative comments like saying id let her drown even with her knowing that I am a strong swimmer.

Archived