Is my ex stringing me along?

BevGB

It appears that there is a lot you have to come up with on your own. Back when you first posted you said your X told you that you were a burden and how he was pulling away from you. How has anything changed? You are still the same person and how are you no longer a burden? Of course you are going to do what you want do to and probably looking for that one post to sanction your actions.

This drama will continue and it will do so until you stand up and say no more, but because he is giving you hints and non definite answers, you will hold on. Just remember, every time you cry or you feel anxiety or you feel sad or confused, its because you wanted it.

Did he say "I want to get back together "?

Not those exact words. He said he wanted to take things slow and one day at a time. He said he wanted to be careful and make sure. That's basically what he told me the first time and this time he said he felt like we both went too fast last time. I haven't push for anything more because it's only been a couple of days at best and I don't want to force anything if he is really be honest with me. Slow is fine with me but at some point I will be asking for something definite.

It appears that there is a lot you have to come up with on your own. Back when you first posted you said your X told you that you were a burden and how he was pulling away from you. How has anything changed? You are still the same person and how are you no longer a burden? Of course you are going to do what you want do to and probably looking for that one post to sanction your actions.

This drama will continue and it will do so until you stand up and say no more, but because he is giving you hints and non definite answers, you will hold on. Just remember, every time you cry or you feel anxiety or you feel sad or confused, its because you wanted it.

As far as being a burden to him I have given him a lot of space since then. I don't think my personality has changed any but I did back off a lot. He says he feels like all the pressure was taken off now that we no longer work together. I can definitely understand that. He may very well be playing me but so far it seems he's really trying. Time will tell of course.

Bev.

Let me be rational with you here.

You're doing this to yourself.

"How is it okayu for him to string me along."

Uhm, because you're letting him? Listen to yourself. "my heart belongs with him". "Why won't he tell me if theres a possibility we'll get back together?".

The answer to all these questions is straight forward.

He won't tell you because how the F*** Is he supposed to know?

And do you honestly think making yourself 100% available to him while he is free to do whatever he wants will make him come back to you?

Wake up and smell the coffee. He made his decision.

You need to move on with your life, and stop talking.

If you EVER want to be healthy and not an emotional wreck, GO NC. You may just find he comes crawling back, and if he doesn't, you'll be over it by then anyway.

Archived