Help, what do I do? I miss my ex!

Dangsgo

Hello,

I'll try and keep this as short as possible but...

Me and my ex were together for two years and things were great, I was 27 she was a bit younger at 21 but seemed more mature as she already had a child from a previous relationship and I got on with her child amazingly.

we loved each other until we hit a rough patch and experienced a breakdown in communication and she became distant and cold and eventually she broke things off.

I was devastated and tried everything to get her back and failed!

I'm the end I gave up and decided I had to move on and after 4 months of being apart she started to message me again and eventually asked to give things another go! I was so happy I said yes immediately.

We had a holiday booked before we broke up that she asked me to still go on, I said yes and paid the rest of the money so I thought I had a future with this girl until she became distant again and every time I asked to see her she was busy so I only ended up seeing her twice since we were 'back together'

She went completely cold not returning my calls or texts and then she ended things by text saying her hearts not in it. This is 3 weeks after getting back together. I'm devastated again back to square one. What should I do?

I also work with this girl 5 days a week which makes things harder.

Sorry to hear this. Does she live with her parents or alone or with you or with the child's father?

Do you think she may be on/off with the baby daddy? Clearly they must see each other because of custody/visitation, co-parenting, etc.

How long before you dated did she break up with him? Often this hot/cold, on/off confusion involves a third party. I was 27 she was a bit younger at 21 but seemed more mature as she already had a child from a previous relationship. I also work with this girl 5 days a week which makes things harder.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

She lives with her parents but still does see the child's dad quite regular. He calls my ex when he wants to see his child basically, and I never made a fuss of course because it's his child.

The weekend we broke up for a second time she went distant and wouldn't return texts all of a sudden and she had taken her child to see the dad for the day so perhaps she decided to get back with him.

They were broke up for about 5 months before we met.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're in such a miserable situation at the moment. It will get better.

How did you handle working together when you were broken up, previously? Are these options no longer available to you?

Is there anything that you've been putting off doing for yourself that you could begin now as a way to occupy/comfort yourself?

I wish you luck.

Yikes, sorry that may be causing her "confusion". At work, just do your best to avoid and act professional.

The weekend we broke up for a second time she went distant and wouldn't return texts all of a sudden and she had taken her child to see the dad for the day so perhaps she decided to get back with him. They were broke up for about 5 months before we met.

Could be a third party, or she may have just used you as an emotional crutch the second time around. Sometimes when were lonely, we will go back to an unhealthy partnership to fill the void and seek comfort in somebody familiar and available. Only to realize the destructive issues are still there.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're in such a miserable situation at the moment. It will get better.

How did you handle working together when you were broken up, previously? Are these options no longer available to you?

Is there anything that you've been putting off doing for yourself that you could begin now as a way to occupy/comfort yourself?

I wish you luck.

The first time around was hard and I tried no contact and would always fail miserably.

At first we avoided each other at work but I always wanted to talk to her because I missed her a lot.

Over time it did get easier and when I finally gave up trying to win her back I received a text out of the blue asking to meet up and from there get back together.

Archived