Real love?

Loralora

Yep watch fox news. There's a commercial with a kid with no arms. He will fill u in. BTW horrible commercial I'm sure it makes money. The funny thing I only saw it once then it never aired again. His mother suffers from the same ailment no arms. Wonder why thy only aired that once.

Yep watch fox news. There's a commercial with a kid with no arms. He will fill u in. BTW horrible commercial I'm sure it makes money. The funny thing I only saw it once then it never aired again. His mother suffers from the same ailment no arms. Wonder why thy only aired that once.

I don't live in the US I can't watch fox news. I'm not so sure I understand you..😒

I mean real love between two partners in a relationship..

I find that book invaluable, too. Good looking out, as usual, Wiseman.

OP, on a quasi-related note - there's interesting (to me, anyway!) new studies out on purely physiological responses. Many of them are inexplicably universal. But they are not linked with love so much as ideology such as attraction, repulsion, etc. It might be worth some Google action for you.

Cheers.

My ex and I will always love each other it's just we can't be together because of circumstances that neither of us can control.

We were together ten years and I deeply loved him every minute of it and I still do.

If that's not true love then I don't know what is. A love that can never die whether you are together or not.

Lisa

I guess that if somebody loves you, they will care for you.

This can be portrayed in small things, I'd often catch myself subconsciously putting my ex on the safe side of a walkway (or away from water as we often walked by the river) or driving slower when she was in car.

So I guess you should look in "small" stuff like that.

I find that book invaluable, too. Good looking out, as usual, Wiseman.

OP, on a quasi-related note - there's interesting (to me, anyway!) new studies out on purely physiological responses. Many of them are inexplicably universal. But they are not linked with love so much as ideology such as attraction, repulsion, etc. It might be worth some Google action for you.

Cheers.

Thanks I will look into that !

I guess that if somebody loves you, they will care for you.

This can be portrayed in small things, I'd often catch myself subconsciously putting my ex on the safe side of a walkway (or away from water as we often walked by the river) or driving slower when she was in car.

So I guess you should look in "small" stuff like that.

I agree thanks!

My ex and I will always love each other it's just we can't be together because of circumstances that neither of us can control.

We were together ten years and I deeply loved him every minute of it and I still do.

If that's not true love then I don't know what is. A love that can never die whether you are together or not.

Lisa

Thanks!

Hmmm I find it funny you and the previous poster associate real love with exes. I don't agree with that, I believe that true love will never fail meaning that two people that truly love (or are in love with) each other will always find a way to be together no matter the circumstances... I mean mutual true love..

WHAT ABOUT THIS QUOTE?

"Love is patient, love is kind, it is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love NEVER fails!"

I think the above quote best explains true love..

I mean I love my ex and I would always like to know that he is okay. It would break my heart to hear something bad about him but I'm talking about BEING IN LOVE and I am NOT in love with him anymore. I am in love with my current boyfriend.

BEING IN LOVE with someone differs FROM LOVING/CARING about someone.

matt what the hell are you talking about
I find it funny you and the previous poster associate real love with exes. I don't agree with that, I believe that true love will never fail meaning that two people that truly love (or are in love with) each other will always find a way to be together

I love my ex

i need the logic in this spelled out to me like i'm amy winehouse asked to get up before sunset.

i need the logic in this spelled out to me like i'm amy winehouse asked to get up before sunset.

I said I love my ex as a person, but I'm not in love with him, there is a difference there. I mean I care about him and would feel bad if anything bad happened to him. Love as in care about him, want him to be okay but are no longer in love with him.

I said I love my ex as a person, but I'm not in love with him, there is a difference there. I mean I care about him and would feel bad if anything bad happened to him. Love as in care about him, want him to be okay but are no longer in love with him.

so i suppose you meant people in love will find a way to be together, not people who love each other.

if so, i agree with the idea of true love not needing to be materialized. it doesn't even require being together and of course isn't limited to romantic partners only...one simply loves the other, but it's not dependent upon whether the other will be with them, love them back, change as a person if they have acted hurtful in the past etc, and regardless of what the other has done in the past. it is unconditional, with no requirement for reciprocity. it is "loving from afar", and knowing full well there is no reward from the other, it's just personally rewarding to be able to rise above egoic things. it doesn't feel like a loss to love so, it feels rewarding, simply because to the loving person, it is a joy to love, one takes pride in that maybe too, and it shows power, if i have love to give it means i am "wealthy", there being a constant output gives the joy of juissance- like to some people spending money does, or "spending" /burning calories, or spending sexual energy, except "spending" love has the added bonus of feeling more sublime.

in practice though, if one is to have a loving relationship, demands for reciprocity are inevital, i guess it's also necessary then to always remain somewhat "in love", as it motivates us to give and take.

i have contemplated this distinction myself at times, if it's the one you meant.

not sure if i would say one is "true" and the other isn't- because in practice, you need there to be conditioning, you need the reciprocity, and it's a daily decision that the effort is worth it, you need to be accommodating on the egoic level, so this love isn't bereft of the pull toward sublimation. maybe even more because it's definitely harder to be tested each day and still choose to act with love, than it is to close a relationship like a chapter in one's mind and decide "i love you. as long as you are miles away and i don't have to deal with you, i love you".

both can be true, and often it's a mixture, i would guess.

there is a reason it has been said true, unconditional love is only attainable to the saints or jesus and god and such. they don't have their money stolen, scull cracked or child beaten by a partner. though if it is true what we are taught, they did experience such things, and they chose to love regardless (i can't help saying how it's often said they suffered for others from love, victimhood i think isn't unconditional love). i guess by choosing that one doesn't need reciprocity to be able to love, one loves like a loving master of himself, not a slave of the other. maybe that's "sainthood".

sorry, got carried away here, but it's definitely a thought provoking subject.

Yes something like that RainyCoast..thank you for your imput.

I mean "true love" to me means two people are in love and always find a way to be together. It's not real love if you just care or feel love for someone unless you find a way no matter the circumstances to be together.

I also don't think that true love is unconditional. That's why love can die...because true love doesn't make you or put you in a position for your love to die. True love is conditional, how else will you fall in love or continue to stay in love with that person if they never show you they are in love with you?

Because when there is reciprocity (as you said so) there is no need for the love to die. And in true love there is reciprocity and it comes easily.

The only unconditional love is for a parent towards their child. I don't think unconditional love can happen in relationships. Even if it does happen for awhile it is only for a small period of time.

Because when I love someone I do things for him and if someone loves me they do things for me. Love has to be shown.

As for continuing to love someone even though they are emotionally or physically abusive to you...it happens all the time. Allthough continuing to be in love with a person that is emotionally of physically abusive to you NEVER HAPPENS.

Because many times we can understand(even though it's very hard to do so) why the person we were so in love with hurt us so badly, usually they are suffering on their own and that's why they might hurt us. But we can no longer continue to be in love with them. Because if they truly were in love with us, no matter how much they were suffering, they wouldn't put us through that kind of pain.

That's why so many relationships fail even though you feel you might still love them. But you are no longer in love with them and ultimately it's not true love.

To tell you the truth, I'm sick of asking big question...eventhough I have some big problems. There is no human alive in this world that has everything figured out.

I wanted a lighter subject.

Anyway...maybe true love doesn't exist after all. Everyone sooner or later lets you down...we're only humans after all..

Maybe it exsists only for a small period of time.

Archived