Hello,

Recently I started bonding with a girl through an online group chat of which I only know a few people actually in real life. I am at a point where I think we both like each other and would maybe want to develop a proper relationship however I'm quite anxious she could be a catfish. I can't really see any motive for this but I've never heard her voice and only seen pictures of her. She is really beautiful and this makes me think that it's unnatural and less likely that she's a legitimate person. I asked to voice call once beforeb ut she says she has social anxiety so I'm unsure what to do.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Good your instincts are sharp. Yeah, be careful with people online who seem fishy. Don't get attached to text.

A lot of red flags particularly refusing voice or video contact. Google search the pictures.

Read up on it:

I'm quite anxious she could be a catfish. I've never heard her voice and only seen pictures of her. I asked to voice call once beforeb ut she says she has social anxiety so I'm unsure what to do.
Edited by Wiseman2

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think j.man and Wiseman are bang on.

But I'm not sure what you are asking for advice regarding, precisely. Has she given you any indication that she's even - or ever - going to meet with you in person?

If her social anxiety is profound enough to inhibit / prohibit any chance of voice exchange, is it possible for her to have a corporeal one?

I think your instincts are sound. Stick with them! And best of luck to you, whatever you choose to do.

ask for a spoon pic..

not serious but kind of

that's what we used to do on another forum, if we didn't believe you , we would randomly ask for the person to take a pic holding a spoon lmao

This is ingenious. Smart, light-hearted - I'm making a personal note!

Years of your life? Listen you know what you can attract. Is she in your league don't set yourself short. I know I do. She's sent you pics ask for a recent one with an item in it. Ask to meet this person get it over with. 3 possible outcomes. She will ghost or give a poor excuse. U will meet it will be a disaster or it will be good. Good luck

Good your instincts are sharp. Yeah, be careful with people online who seem fishy. Don't get attached to text.

A lot of red flags particularly refusing voice or video contact. Google search the pictures.

Read up on it:

I just finished reading Wiseman's article link - please read it (everyone who is interested, come to that. It's dead enlightening).

The very details you may be willing to give this person the benefit of the doubt on are specifically listed as potentially tell-tale bad, bad signs.

Protect yourself! You don't deserve to suffer for someone's strange sport.

Suggest meeting up for coffee. It's never 'offensive' to ask if someone would like to call or video chat. Do not get hooked on this 'friendship'. Tell you parents about this. You seem to be getting brainwashed and sucked in and seem very lonely, hiding in your room playing video games, etc.

My issue is I don't want to ask like for a voice call or video call or proof because I don't want to offend her if she's legit.
I can speak from experience here. You need to get this person on a webcam damn soon. If they keep making excuses and being evasive you need to jump ship immediately before you get trapped in a misery hole that could sap away years of your life.

Her sensibilities do not trump your well-being.

Be strong for you.

My issue is I don't want to ask like for a voice call or video call or proof because I don't want to offend her if she's legit.

I know this is the digital age, but there is such a thing as a face to face contact, something that is often forgotten.

Good luck.

Suggest meeting up for coffee. It's never 'offensive' to ask if someone would like to call or video chat. Do not get hooked on this 'friendship'. Tell you parents about this. You seem to be getting brainwashed and sucked in and seem very lonely, hiding in your room playing video games, etc.

I'm not lonely or anything, I just overthink and get paranoid easily.

I know this is the digital age, but there is such a thing as a face to face contact, something that is often forgotten.

Good luck.

I have her number and I think it's pretty difficult to fake a video call as the person she's claiming to be and also communicate to my responses.

Read up on it:

I don't mean to harp on this, but please read Wiseman's article link. The very things you are debating / concerned about are mentioned, verbatim.

I strongly submit to you that if she's legitimate, she's not going to be offended by your interest in her, which at this point is all it is. You're not demanding she prove her existence; you're merely furthering this connection, if possible. There's nothing amiss with that aim.

Good luck.

yes can you do this ?

I am not into modern day techno stuff , snap stuffing and all that .... so just get the face to face stuff done asap .

After watching 7 million episodes of nev and max I would strongly advise you not let this carry on much longer ....

I have her number and I think it's pretty difficult to fake a video call as the person she's claiming to be and also communicate to my responses.

I would have agreed with you had I not watched the above mentioned 7 million episodes , which shows how they will go to lengths of getting other people to do the video chatting . I am clearly getting paranoid now

I strongly submit to you that if she's legitimate, she's not going to be offended by your interest in her, which at this point is all it is. You're not demanding she prove her existence; you're merely furthering this connection, if possible. There's nothing amiss with that aim.

I agree ... stop tippy toe'ing round her , if she gets the @rse about it then so what ... she needs to learn that relationships online need to become real ...