Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Stuff about stuff and things ...

pippy longstocking

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is ok to say NO ..... You wont burn in hell , your name isn't down on the Universes bad list , it doesn't make you a bad person , it doesn't affect your spirituality and it most definitely wont define you as a person .

If you feel it is wrong , whether that be lunch with a friend , a venue you don't like , a favour you are uncomfortable with , say no , be who you are and what you want .

What defines us is the kindness we can offer when we are gracious enough to see the real need in a person but still put ourselves first , because until you can make yourself number 1 , you are never whole enough to make everyone else a genuine priority should those moments arise .

• 10 months later...

The beauitul message below is not written by me , however I wanted to add my own , albeit simple , but none the less my thoughts ...It is Christmas , love it or hate it and so many are living lonely lives , stressful lives, unhappy lives and the season doesn't bring them anything but despair . Please be mindful of this , and if one act is an act of kindness to make someone smile , then it is an act well served

Angel of December is Support

Inspirational Message

Stay connected and let others in. Widen your channel of giving and receiving.

Reach out with encouragement and be versatile and timely in your resourcefulness.

Support is often very subjective and can be confusing. How do you offer support, what do you give your energy to, what is for the highest, and how do you know what is best for yourself and others?

True support has two distinct aspects intertwined; love through the expression of gentleness and truth in the expression of realness. When we love without truth, we relate to others from the surface of ourselves, often in order not to make 'waves'. On the other hand, when we only relate from truth it tends to create a feeling of distance tainted with judgment and limitation.

Weaving gentleness and realness together brings about balance in our lives with others. Sometimes support calls for loving someone in a way that gives them what they feel they need…empathy, help, affection, or affirmation. Sometimes support needs to be for who they are inside as a soul and takes the form of confronting unconscious behavior, saying what you are really feeling, or requiring accountability for words or actions.

It is not always easy to make the distinction between these two currents of support and to bring about healing. In the end, our capacity to express gentleness and realness and be fully ourselves rests 'soul-ly' within our commitment to what we feel life is about and what we value.

Finding ways to balance these strands within us with the same gentleness and realness reveals and brings a deeper sense of authenticity to our actions. This ultimately supports our own and each other's inner nature with what it needs to flourish.

May your heart, mind, and actions be filled with gentle authentic support. We hope the Angels continue to inspire your life.

Dearest Pippy, I love the message you posted above, the Christmas season is difficult for so many, stressful, lonely, and your message is beautiful and timely. It is like a Christmas prayer of healing....I plan on meditating with it.

I truly needed the chuckle you gave me with your last post though - stumbling across "Naked and Afraid" lol! We are crazy over here by gosh! I have to admit I've pointedly avoided that show mostly because often people who are willing to be naked, are not people I'd like to see naked o.O

You'll have to post your review :p

I have just stumbled across a show called * naked and afraid * ...you crazy americans :D:D

Lol. I recently became aware of this show as well. Being nude in the Amazon (or in an ocean full of sharks) for a couple of weeks on end with a complete stranger = Eek! Couldn’t imagine being on that show. I want to keep all my bits. Lol

Dearest Pippy, I love the message you posted above, the Christmas season is difficult for so many, stressful, lonely, and your message is beautiful and timely. It is like a Christmas prayer of healing....I plan on meditating with it.

I truly needed the chuckle you gave me with your last post though - stumbling across "Naked and Afraid" lol! We are crazy over here by gosh! I have to admit I've pointedly avoided that show mostly because often people who are willing to be naked, are not people I'd like to see naked o.O

You'll have to post your review :p

You write so beautifully and it is nice to see you , I feel like we haven't seen each other ( so to speak ) for ages xx

It was very timely for me to get the email with that message actually , it reminded me to try and do at least one good deed if that's all I manage it is better then none at all , so thankyou for taking the time to read it xx

ahhhhhh naked and afraid ...what an eye opener , literally hahaha .It just came on and I have to admit , it did catch my attention , I kinda like survival stuff . Although why they couldn't have survived with pants on is beyond me lol There was actually two shows of it on and by the second one I was hooked . It is actually really harsh , the last two I saw were dumped in Africa , right there with the animals and the rancid drinking ponds here and there , which obviously all the animals also used . They are not given pots to boil water to drink or resin to strain it or anything , they can take one piece of survival equitment with them and that is it . So yeah ......I am a fan now .haha We have a survival show with celebs and none celebs . I think it is 4 weeks possibly 3 though same as naked and afraid . They are dumped on a desert Island and left to get on with it . But your one is deffo more brutal ...we must be wimps hahaha

Lol. I recently became aware of this show as well. Being nude in the Amazon (or in an ocean full of sharks) for a couple of weeks on end with a complete stranger = Eek! Couldn’t imagine being on that show. I want to keep all my bits. Lol

hahaha it is insane isn't it , I couldn't look away . That awkward moment when they meet , trying not to look at each other lol

Nah, we Americans just have bigger inferiority complexes so we have to be seen doing crazier things lol

hahaha aww well you have all earned a decent holiday after what I saw ....when your bent over with your bare @rse in the air , scooping water from a watering hole you share with an elephant and said elephants crap floating in it ...you all deserve disney land for a month :D

Archived