Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Stuff about stuff and things ...

pippy longstocking

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

21ST December and my daughter announces * I really really would like a record player * ....take 25 minutes out while I eye roll at her timing !

Broke 3 bones in my leg running across the lounge to get to my lap top ..hello ebay my old friend I need a miracle ...and there it was , a * vintage* orange arrangement , closes into a brief case when you are done , record player with outlandish promises of it arriving today ( 22nd ) ...I ordered

And by God , it arrived ...I almost mounted the delivery man I was so happy .

:D

Emily if you ever come across this website , ^^^^ I made all of that up , santa brought it ...never stop believing x

This shopping trip is going well :eek:

I am still sat in my jim jams , listening to a 80's mix ( I was an 80's teen ) so I am having a right blast from the past here , there has been dancing , much jumping around and a couple of tumbles into the Christmas tree ...anyway Kim Wilde , kids in America came on . Don't know if Kim Wilde means anything to you hanky panky yankies , but she is there with the best from the 80's . She hung up her microphone and got into gardening big time , books , tv shows the lot .

When Emily was 5 , Kim Wilde wrote a childrens gardening book and toured the schools to promote it , well my Emily and her best friend where chosen to have their pics taken with her for the paper . You could obviously buy the book and then stand in a queue the length of the Amazon to meet her and get her to sign it ..... so I stood and stood ....I wasn't phased by anyone famous , just because I danced my ass off to her music in my teens didn't mean I was going to be a pathetic mess when I got to her ..... that was untill I got to her and I WAS I can assure you , a pathetic mess :D

Oh Lord, Pip... I empathize... it's aweful

Anyway... I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and all the best in the New Year, luv.

It really is hahahaha we never stop learning eh TWT , I had noooooooooooooooooo idea what a hot flush entailed , I honestly thought you just had a quick flash of heat . In reality , your heart pounds , the sweat even pours out of your feet , I have almost fainted with it , but the wet clothes oh my god , then out into the cold and you're like W.T.F is this about :D

Wishing you many blessings as well my darling and a wonderful time x

So operation * city centre* is back on .....oh Lord above , I feel like covering myself in sanitary towels to absorb the 47 pints of fluid I am about to shed in hot flushes .....

As I got Emily the record player , she now needs records ...so I spent ages mulling over the albums ( which now cost a fortune btw ... *sigh ...they keep bringing everything back as a vintage fashion statement and charging 3 times the price)

Anyway I made my choice and biked home very delicately so as not to damage it ......I then dropped hints about various artists and she happened to mention she was not to keen on Sam Smith .... THAT'S THE BLOODY ALBUM I GOT

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So off I trot back to exchange it , as it is only 7.30 am here I am going to shower and set off shortly on my bike so I am first in and get the hell out before that madness starts .

From the secret :

Be positive!

Make a promise to yourself to be as positive as you can possibly be. Make a promise to yourself to be more positive than you’ve ever been in your life. At the beginning of each day promise yourself: “Today, wherever I go and whatever I’m doing, I will be positive!”

Being positive means that you will look for the positive things in people, circumstances, and all things.

Being positive means that if any negative words come out of your mouth, you will stop mid-sentence and immediately turn the sentence into a positive one.

Being positive means that you will have fewer negative emotions, and even if a negative emotion arises you will be positive about it too by allowing the negative emotion to be rather than trying to push it away.

Being positive means that you will automatically focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want.

Being positive means that you will become an attractive force for what you want.

Being positive means that negative thoughts and words will begin to fall away.

Being positive means that you will begin to feel happier and happier each day.

Being positive means that you will have fewer problems.

Being positive means that life will go smoothly for you, everyday events will fall into place, and things will go your way.

Being positive means that you will feel good!

Make a commitment to change your entire life in 2018 through the simple, singular act of being positive!

Wishing you a Happy, Positive New Year for 2018!

Archived