Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Stuff about stuff and things ...

pippy longstocking

Thankyou girls xx I hope everyone is well, I have been thinking about you all during this shocking time.

I am still struggling to get round this group on my phone... So if anyone wants to add me on Facebook, I am under a false name.. Daisy morrin and the profile pic is me in a rainbow fur coat and boots. Obviously a lot of you like to remain anonymous so I assure you I won't tell other members of here if you are on my friends list.

Just pm me on Facebook and say who you are so I am not adding randoms.

I am thinking of you and all I say is stay safe and lots of love xxx

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thankyou girls xx I hope everyone is well, I have been thinking about you all during this shocking time.

I am still struggling to get round this group on my phone... So if anyone wants to add me on Facebook, I am under a false name.. Daisy morrin and the profile pic is me in a rainbow fur coat and boots. Obviously a lot of you like to remain anonymous so I assure you I won't tell other members of here if you are on my friends list.

Are boys allowed pippy? :)

Thinking of you and so missed seeing you on here!!!

• 1 month later...

So delighted to see you again Pippy! And so glad you are keeping well.

I don't watch the news at all, as there is so much contradictory reporting, plain sensationalism and drama. I do check out the WHO website now and then. That's all.

Panic is far more dangerous than any virus!

Great to see you!

So delighted to see you again Pippy! And so glad you are keeping well.

I don't watch the news at all, as there is so much contradictory reporting, plain sensationalism and drama. I do check out the WHO website now and then. That's all.

Panic is far more dangerous than any virus!

Great to see you!

You too my darling ...I watch big announcements and sometimes keep an eye on the aftermath but mostly we just don't have it on . At the start of this when I found myself watching the Nigerian news I thought enough . You're right of course panic is dangerous emotion to be carrying about . Please keep posting lass .

HI bolt lovely to see you and like everyone else you have been on my mind . We have all known each other years and it maybe over the internet but something like this happens and you realise you care very deeply for all those whose paths you cross and who you while away the hours with .

I am sorry your anxiety is bad ,it's no joke and you know I know how serious this is . Yes I would give it a go .sometimes when people take it for pain they report that it didn't help too much with the pain but they felt a calm inside so it has to be worth it . I found that on a good day it seemed to extend that feeling . If that makes sense . Now I don't know my CBD's so you have a good read to see which would suit best . You have nothing to lose , it is natural and the bad stuff has been taken out . I would be interested to see how you get on with it .

Thanks Pippy! I live where CBD and marijuana are legal for personal use. I don't much care for how marijuana makes me feel (I smoked it when I was young and never really liked it) but many people have told me that CBD products are effective for lots of things. Plus, my workplace does random drug testing and they don't care if it's legal where you live!

I will update when I have tried it in my journal "Anxiety Question".

Thanks again!

Thanks Pippy! I live where CBD and marijuana are legal for personal use. I don't much care for how marijuana makes me feel (I smoked it when I was young and never really liked it) but many people have told me that CBD products are effective for lots of things. Plus, my workplace does random drug testing and they don't care if it's legal where you live!

I will update when I have tried it in my journal "Anxiety Question".

Thanks again!

CBD oil and pot are legal here too. I do have CBD oil but I can’t remember if it contraindicates with my blood pressure meds. I should’ve thought of that when my anxiety was bad it does reduce it a bit. I have a 1000mg kind. I did find it calming though. It is pretty easily obtained here. Most people just roll down to the reservation to get it.

• 5 months later...

Desiderata

GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

By Max Ehrmann © 1927

So I last ventured in my journal with lockdown in full swing and here we are months later in lockdown number 2 . Who knew ....who knew what chaos the world was about to endure .

I still , even though we have been doing it for months , take a deep breath of * I can't believe it* when I go to the shops and we are all in masks and stepping around each other , I welcome with open arms , the chaos of bumping into each other and not panicking over a virus .

I am still sat in the same position trying to grab this so called motivation .

My emily just came down the stairs and I gave her my best * please go to the Sainsburys * look ...she ignored it :D:eek:

Did you find the motivation eventually?

This is what I watch for motivation when I have to go to the supermarket

Archived