My boyfriend has too many girl friends

Jackie333

My boyfriend and I have many mutual friends. Many of them include girls. We were all friends before my boyfriend and I began dating. However, I get extremely jealous when they hangout together without me. Sometimes the girls will ask him to get lunch with them and not include me, even though they are my best friends. Sometimes I feel like they are trying to flirt with my boyfriend and impress him when I do hangout with them together but they all assure me they are all just friends. Even some of my other friends have noticed it is a little weird how close he is with them and the way they act around him but they do not think he would ever cheat on me. I am so nervous that my boyfriend will leave me for someone better even if it is not necessarily one of these mutual friends. I know that being jealous will not fix the situation. Being jealous will not stop him from cheating on me. But my gut instinct is saying that he is going to dump me or cheat on me because he wants to find someone that makes him happier. What should I do?

It sounds like you are insecure. It's important to accept yourself, see your good qualities and recognize that your boyfriend is attracted to you or he wouldn't be with you.

If there are specific behaviors that you believe are legitimate concerns, such as him going to lunch with these girls, talk to him in a loving and non-confrontational way. Explain how you feel, and ask him if he thinks you are being unreasonable. It's one thing for other girls to flirt with your boyfriend; it's another thing for HIM to flirt with them. One is in his control and the other is not.

My boyfriend and I have many mutual friends. Many of them include girls. We were all friends before my boyfriend and I began dating. However, I get extremely jealous when they hangout together without me. Sometimes the girls will ask him to get lunch with them and not include me, even though they are my best friends. Sometimes I feel like they are trying to flirt with my boyfriend and impress him when I do hangout with them together but they all assure me they are all just friends. Even some of my other friends have noticed it is a little weird how close he is with them and the way they act around him but they do not think he would ever cheat on me. I am so nervous that my boyfriend will leave me for someone better even if it is not necessarily one of these mutual friends. I know that being jealous will not fix the situation. Being jealous will not stop him from cheating on me. But my gut instinct is saying that he is going to dump me or cheat on me because he wants to find someone that makes him happier. What should I do?

You need to go to a counselor or a therapist. You have some serious issues. Guys and girls can be just friends. I know I have guy friends who I would never, ever do anything sexual with and never have. Nor have they ever hit on me.

You need to figure out why you're so insecure.

Archived