Open Club  ·  45 members

Off Topic

Carrie Fisher died

Seraphim

I first saw the original SW triology when I was about 5 years old. I remember going into a video store with my dad and they were selling the VHS set (this was pre-awful-George-Lucas-edits) and he was like "OMG, I loved these movies" and he bought a set. As soon as I got home, he popped A New Hope in. I was instantly glued to it, absolutely loved it. I watched the rest of the movies and would re-watch them countless of times during my childhood. I have the "old" versions downloaded to my computer and I'll often watch the old trilogy when I am sick or going through a hard time. It's very nostalgic for me. I love those movies.

I also credit Star Wars with leading me to an early realization that there were other religions at a very, very young age. I never really identified with the mono-theistic nature of Christianity and the idea of "The Force" made a lot more sense to me than a God and so around 5-6, I knew I didn't believe in God. So I credit Star Wars for opening my mind in that regard and I am very thankful for that.

I loved Princess Leia and how strong and kind of sassy she was.

I do take solace in that come next year, when the new star wars movie comes out, I will be able to see Carrie Fisher as Leia one last time. Her film work on the movie was completed prior to her death.

Archived