Im 17 years old and i am a virgin

soforias

I am 17 years old, i know i am attractive and i am pretty popular. I have lied to my friends for 5 years that i am not a virgin yet i really am one. I really am lost when it comes to girls and when to make moves and how to know a girl is in to me and i am always nervous about being judged. can anyone help me out?

It may seem like the worst fate in the world to be a virgin at 17, but waiting isn't such a bad thing. Don't let peer pressure get to you.

You aren't defined by what other people think of you. Be yourself around girls and let them judge if they choose. Find someone who interests you and ask her on a date. Then ask her on another. You'll know she's into you if she keeps saying yes.

What is the rush? Having sex young is usually nothing great, in fact it usually is pretty mediocre and leads to all kinds of emotional and other problems. Being mature and old enough to handle ALL the consequences of intercourse (pregnancy, STDs, emotional connections or lack thereof) is a much healthier and better way to go through life. And having friends who thinks its cool to have sex at 12 -- which is what you seem to be telling people -- means you should probably find a higher quality of person to hang around with.

Being a virgin at 17 is something to be proud of. Trust me, having sex at a young age can be very damaging emotionally, even if it seems cool and like all your friends are doing it. I agree that most of them are lying when they claim to have lost their virginity.

Have you ever had a girlfriend or dated? Start there and don't worry about jumping into bed right away. Learn to treat a girl well (and be treated well in return), develop a close respectful friendship, date her properly - do fun stuff together alone and in groups. Intimacy will build slowly and sex will come naturally that way and you will care so much for each other that there will be no judgement. If a girl judges you for being inexperienced, then she doesn't deserve you. No one knows what they are doing at 17, I promise.

There's absolutely no rush mate,

I never did it until I was 20 and had my own place.

I'm 36 now and so I know things were a bit different then and there's more pressure.

But the women will like the fact you waited and it'll be worth doing

Just try not to follow the crud because you think you should do it.

I think many teenagers have sex for the first time around 16/17/18/19. I think many wait a bit longer... I was 21 it's really not weird at all. Don't place so much value on it and accept that your first time will be weird and awkward because it is for everyone (and anyone who says otherwise is lying)

Why tell these friends anything one way or the other? Be friendly and approachable smile and say hi to girls. Start conversations after class or at school events.

You'll see who responds and who doesn't. When a girl responds, keep the conversation going for a while until you ask her for a date. If she isn't interested then you move on and repeat the process.

I am 17 years old,I have lied to my friends for 5 years that i am not a virgin yet i really am one. I really am lost when it comes to girls and when to make moves and how to know a girl is in to me and i am always nervous about being judged. can anyone help me out?

Oh and another thought: if you're bragging that you've gotten laid a lot, it's probably going around your school. Girls may be scared of you or intimidated by you because they may assume that you expect sex. It may be putting pressure on them even before you ask them out, which may be preventing you from getting successful dates. Just a thought.

I am 17 years old, i know i am attractive and i am pretty popular. I have lied to my friends for 5 years that i am not a virgin yet i really am one.

And guess what? They are all lying to you too, you're all lying to each other!

Why? In an effort appear "cool" "hip" "got your shyt together" "macho" big man on campus.

UGH!!

Dude, there is no way on god's green earth I will ever believe that your friends were having sex at the age of 12!! In fact, most of them are probably still virgins too!

You all need grow up and stop lying to look cool.

It's not a good look, trust me.

Archived