Contacting Ex boyfriend I ignored for 15 Months

MelissaN

Hi guys,

So my 2 year study abroad finally came to an end and I am back home 2 weeks today. Ex broke up with me due to Long distance on his part, it is 15 months today and since then I had not contact with him because I just wasn't ready to and I explained to him this seeing as I was so hurt and blocked him so I could heal. All texts and calls from him I ignored firmly all this time. He tried to get to me through my friends but I was not sure I wanted to reach out. I always told my self "All in good timing".

A few days ago before I left for home, I was compelled to text him so I added his number to my contacts. I could see his profile on whatsapp but changed my mind about it.

Today for some reason I decided to call him but his number was off so I was thinking perhaps he got a new line. I then checked his profile and all was blank. I am thinking perhaps he waited for so long for my response that he blocked me and moving on.

I sent him an email stating I hope he is well and that I was trying to reach him but his phone was off. Adding I was checking to see how he is doing.

After this text I tried calling him again and on the second attempt it went unanswered. Third attempt the phone was switched off. So I gave it a rest. The number I used is different from the number I have always used. We work together in the same department. I report to work in a few weeks.

I had never really forgiven him since the breakup. I really tried was hard though. But today for some reason as I called, I felt good about it. I always knew I would reach out to him at the right time and at my pace.

Is it possible that he is angry I ignored him this long, didn't reach out and hates my guts or he just simply is trying to move on? Should I try once more tomorrow or let it all slide?

Thank You

Surely he can see that he's had missed calls from you? If so, then he then has the opportunity to respond to them, which as yet he hasn't. I would leave him be. You say you've never really forgiven him for the breakup - so what exactly is the purpose to get in touch - to have a go at him? To find out why he broke up with you? What if he doesn't answer or gives you a response that you're not happy with? If you're going back to work soon then wait and see what happens when you start again.

I think you should stop trying to get in touch. I'm sure he knows it's you.

If you're due to report to a job with him, so you'll see him there eventually. You'll learn from there whether he's involved with someone else or to what degree he's interested in dealing with you.

There's no need to keep sticking your neck out to force contact he hasn't responded to. It will only position you uncomfortably when you do see him, so I'd wait until then with your pride intact.

Please just leave him alone. He tried to contact you but you ignored him and now it's been 15 months of healing on his part. If he wants to talk to you he can do it in person. Why you'd want to reintroduce yourself now after all this time though is confusing??? Time for you to move on and stop trying to ingratiate yourself back into his life. He knows how to contact you if he's so inclined.

Unfortunately it seems he does not want to be contacted and may have blocked you. Stop contacting him or you may come off as a stalker. He has not responded to your correspondence so leave it alone.

Today for some reason I decided to call him but his number was off so I was thinking perhaps he got a new line. I then checked his profile and all was blank. I sent him an email stating I hope he is well and that I was trying to reach him but his phone was off. After this text I tried calling him again and on the second attempt it went unanswered. Third attempt the phone was switched off.

...Same guy?

Archived