Is it possible that I might feel this regret for the rest of my life?

Hi all,

8 months ago my ex broke up with me. All because of my commitment issues, stupid mistakes and taking her for granted. She was perfect in every way; pretty like a supermodel, sweet, amazing in bed, smart and most importantly... someone like that was completely head over heals with me...

First she told me her feelings had changed and we just needed some space and that she hoped her feelings would come back but since I was in a depression because of some hormonal issues and I made all the mistakes that one can make... I pushed her away and she was done with me...

I feel I made the first mistake of my life by taking her for granted and for not doing the right things after she first told me her feelings had changed... Why didn't I just google and find this forum? Why did it take me 2-3 months before I did that? I still feel these feelings of regret every day and none of the girls I have met so far come even close to her.

Is it possible that I can feel this regret for the rest of my life?

Thank you.

You may feel some remorse when a relationship end and question your role in it's demise. What were the "hormonal issues"?

In time you'll move on and when your ready your mind will open up to new women.

First she told me her feelings had changed and we just needed some space and that she hoped her feelings would come back but since I was in a depression because of some hormonal issues and I made all the mistakes that one can make... I pushed her away and she was done with me...
...Same girl?

t=517442&p=6587057&viewfull=1#post6587057

]

Eh, I don't think you'll regret this for the rest of your life. It's pretty fresh for you right now and you naturally feel bad about it, but to say that you'll regret it for the rest of your life is a bit dramatic, right?

Regrets are things you refuse to let go of, it's a choice to regret something in my opinion. You could make the choice to no longer regret things in the past and accept them and move on. The past is the past, it has already transpired, you can't change it but you can allow yourself to learn from it and grow. If you hang onto regrets, all you're doing is holding onto pain from the past. I don't understand why people would do this to themselves. I think it's okay to regret things for a while, but eventually you have to make the effort to accept things and move on. As long as you do that, you'll be fine.

Hi all,

8 months ago my ex broke up with me. All because of my commitment issues, stupid mistakes and taking her for granted. She was perfect in every way; pretty like a supermodel, sweet, amazing in bed, smart and most importantly... someone like that was completely head over heals with me...

I feel I made the first mistake of my life by taking her for granted and for not doing the right things after she first told me her feelings had changed... Why didn't I just google and find this forum? Why did it take me 2-3 months before I did that? I still feel these feelings of regret every day and none of the girls I have met so far come even close to her.

Is it possible that I can feel this regret for the rest of my life?

Thank you.

Haven't heard anything about how her value system aligns with yours. Honestly, your description of her is quite superficial, as you do not focus on the most important components of a relationship: love, respect, trust and integrity.

You may feel some remorse when a relationship end and question your role in it's demise. What were the "hormonal issues"?

In time you'll move on and when your ready your mind will open up to new women....Same girl?

t=517442&p=6587057&viewfull=1#post6587057

]

I was on some medication that completely ed up my hormone balance.

Mentally:

- Depression

- Anxiety

- Emotional

- Problems with short term memory

Physically:

- Loss of libido

- Loss of erections

- Low energy levels

This started happening 2-3 months before the break up and I am slowly recovering since 2 months. I am pretty sure that this had a huge hand in my girlfriend losing interest and me pushing her away even more...

Yes, it is that same girl...