How much time does he need?

Violetemo

Long story short, Ive been dating this guy for just over three weeks, we went on three amazing dates, and we were getting along so well, with him being the one always sending flirty texts, and even on the last date, he said how much he'd missed me, and told me how he couldn't wait to see me again. We'd made plans for the following week, then, all of a sudden, he stopped texting and calling.

Now don't get me wrong, Ive never been the clingy or needy type, and if hes moved on, that's fine, so me, being straight to the point asked if there was something wrong. He replied with, "Hey think I need some space."

I replied with "Ok, not a problem, if you need a friend I'm here for you" and take as much time as you need, and told him how I felt.

Since then Ive not contacted him, because one I don't want to appear needy, and also space is often a good thing.

But, how much time should pass before I give up, and wait for him to contact me? Could really do with a guys perspective on this,

Thanks!

Unfortunately after three dates this guy flaked and gave you the "space" excuse. He was probably multi-dating as most people do and moved on.

Too much texting at first is a red flag you learned and can pay more attention to in the future. It means they are keeping you in a rotation with others and texting to do the absolute minimum to hold your interest. Texting is not dating nor is it relationship building...it's cheap filler.

Don't be his friend or wait around, he ended things and after three dates it's time to move on.

"Hey think I need some space." how much time should pass before I give up, and wait for him to contact me? Could really do with a guys perspective on this
Same guy?

What happened to the plans for the following week? If he broke the date, it's probably over. Guys who like you don't break dates. And what's all this talk about space? - That usually comes after 3 years of marriage, not after only 3 dates. You two don't know each other well enough to have gotten on each other's nerves to the point where you need space.

Archived