How can I say "hey I need a hug" to a friend

I'm a shy, reserved, introvert and on too of that I trust no one . So rn I'm going through a rough time and I need a hug (this is so dumb) but I don't have the guts to tell someone what its happening... so what can I do?

(plus I'm always that kind of person that it's "happy" 24/7 but i feels so lonely sometimes. I don't show my emeotions)

Just make a sign that says "Free Hugs" people will come and hug you all day. It worked well for me

I think all you need to do honestly is say "I need a hug," if they ask what is wrong, you literally don't have to say anything if you don't want to. Simply say "I'm not ready to talk about it," or "I don't want to talk about it." A true friend will understand and they will hug you forever.

Why can't you confide in friends/family about this rough time? Is this particular girl-crush the one you want a hug from?

Maybe you should see if you can get counselling at school about your sexual orientation and fears about coming out? You would have a chance to be understood ans start sorting some stuff out as well as help on how to navigate all this.

Asking a straight girl friend you 'want a hug' when she thinks she's consoling a friend but you want her affection as a crush is not the best way to go about it.

I'm going through a rough time and I need a hug but I don't have the guts to tell someone what its happening...so what can I do?
same situation?

I'm a very tactile person, when I went through my divorce I craved big strong fatherbear hugs... it was all I wanted, but I wasn't ready to date, and there was no way that I was going to ask my friend's husbands... (I'm very loyal), my dad was a million miles away so I couldn't ask him.

I let my therapist know and he started hugging me at the end of each session (not to tell anyone - not very ethical he and I both didn't read into the hug, it was purely professional.. a nice big fatherly bear hug to say everything was going to be ok.

If I need bear hugs now I have certain male (gay) friends that wont cross the line that can deliver. It's really weird I gain so much energy from them, they are the best. My eldest son is now trained for delivering these hugs... so snuggaly.

maybe its just a Lisii thing... but I hear you - sending you **big cyber hugs** from here

I'm a very tactile person, when I went through my divorce I craved big strong fatherbear hugs... it was all I wanted, but I wasn't ready to date, and there was no way that I was going to ask my friend's husbands... (I'm very loyal), my dad was a million miles away so I couldn't ask him.

I let my therapist know and he started hugging me at the end of each session (not to tell anyone - not very ethical he and I both didn't read into the hug, it was purely professional.. a nice big fatherly bear hug to say everything was going to be ok.

If I need bear hugs now I have certain male (gay) friends that wont cross the line that can deliver. It's really weird I gain so much energy from them, they are the best. My eldest son is now trained for delivering these hugs... so snuggaly.

maybe its just a Lisii thing... but I hear you - sending you **big cyber hugs** from here

Interesting. I have a ? With a man I call DJ; he is seriously twice my size. I do like it extra when he gives me an embrace, such as today, non sexual, a kiss on the head. I tell him like a compliment; turns out he feels like a giant, thought I was saying something insulting. You're right, I like that big guy hug. I wonder if guys want a big guy hug. Poor things, where could they find one once they grow up?

Geez, I am so selfish... maybe these carebears like to feel like they are protecting

Hugs to all the big fella's and fellessa's that need hugs! (and thank you!)

When my marriage was unwinding I needed to say hello to somebody, anybody, who would treat me like a familiar face. And there began my Starbucks habit. Got me up and out of that stifling house every morning early, and started my day.

Huh. Maybe I need that again. Nothing ending, but kind of drowning every morning before I wake up. I need that humanity.

I'm with you, OP. We need each other.

show some emotion then. Nobody wants to hug a cardboard box. Whats the point in that? Giving a hug makes the person giving it feel better, but if you dont show emotion much.. ya know.

How about open up a little and let someone know you are feeling down, and say something like "how bout a hug?"

I doubt anyone will not hug you