Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Eyebrow Tattoos - thoughts?

Lisii

Ok, I'm thinking of getting my eyebrows tattoo'd, I'm blonde and my brows are lightish brown.

I lost a 1/4 of one brow to Skin Cancer 5 years ago and with age my brows are starting to thin and the "cancer brow" now has a grey streak which runs up into the hairline, (I kinda like it's uniqueness)

I've never been into cosmetic procedures of any kind - I have the odd facial and massage, nothing surgical. I'm low maintenance don't wear make up daily, apart from mascara...

I cant be bothered drawing them on as I'm not very talented and would most probably make a mess...

I'm curious because I'm becoming lopsided... I don't care about the scar - not much I can do about it and they did a good job working it into my laughter lines.. but the is brow starting to make me cringe..

I've done a lot of research and OMGolly... some of the pics are very scary and show how things can go very wrong.

My bosses wife had her's done in grey (she's in her mid 60s) they are light and look like she has penciled her brows.

A gf with the same colouring as me had hers done 5 years ago and they look really good and very natural.

I know its a personal thing, it may take me another 5 years to actually get the guts to do it... but wondering what others think about it.

It is just sooo permanent! and its on the face.. ekk!

Why not take some lessons on how to draw them in so that they look natural?

I wouldn't do it (get tattooed) myself. I saw one Uni aged gal doing check out that had them tattooed on and she had a permanent deer-in-the-headlights look about her. O.O

In the end what ever you decide is the right thing for you.

[quote=ThatwasThen;6631344

I saw one Uni aged gal doing check out that had them tattooed on and she had a permanent deer-in-the-headlights look about her. O.O

In the end what ever you decide is the right thing for you.

Haha.... Yip a girl from the gym had them too... it looked shocking deep black comma's - it looks like that's what happens when you go to a back door tattoo parlour vs a cosmetic surgereon

Thanks TWT, These tat's are from a very reputable cosmetic surgery, they first pen them in the same colour so you get an idea before they start...

Yeah... guess I'm just chicken.

I've seen bad, fake looking ones and I've seen really nice natural looking ones. I think the key is just to get a good beautician (or whatever you call them) to do it. One of my friends is looking into something called feather touch which is the really natural looking one, you should look into that.

I've seen bad, fake looking ones and I've seen really nice natural looking ones. I think the key is just to get a good beautician (or whatever you call them) to do it. One of my friends is looking into something called feather touch which is the really natural looking one, you should look into that.

yes!, thank you! they are the ones I'm looking at ... though I've also seen some bad feather touched ones too... I think the key to natural ones is... less is best

I might see if she can draw them on and I walk around for a day with just pen on my brows.. I'm such a chicken.

My mother has permanent eyeliner and lip liner. My aunt was licensed to do them some years back and did them for her. She went with a lighter black/dark brown for the eyeliner (lower only) and a few shades darker than her natural lip color for her lips. They turned out great and my mom loved them; funnily enough, she said the eye liner tats didn't even hurt.

Definitely cover all your bases and research thoroughly. Also be aware that they will fade as time passes and you'll probably have to get them retouched after healing because some parts fade quickly.

My friend who had the feather technique done, she's about to go back for a touch up.. they aren't too expensive here $150 for both. Considering how long they last, I think that is worth it. I will go with her have a nosey.

Thank you for your feed back

My aunt had them done, she is very fair with auburn/reddish hair and her eyebrows have always been sparse, coupled with her thyroid disease which causes the outer third of her eyebrows to not grow properly, she decided to get them permanently inked. And they look really good and natural. Unless you are up super close you can't tell that it's fake.

I am like you, I don't wear make-up on a daily basis. Not even mascara. When I go out, however, I do like to wear it. But I like it to look natural. So, to darken my light eyebrows, I brush in some brown eye shadow. It doesn't take any special skill or know-how. The eye shadow knows what to do. And it lasts.

Just a suggestion.

That feather technique sounds interesting, though. The fact that it needs to be retouched seems to suggest that you won't come out looking perpetually shocked.

I am like you, I don't wear make-up on a daily basis. Not even mascara. When I go out, however, I do like to wear it. But I like it to look natural. So, to darken my light eyebrows, I brush in some brown eye shadow. It doesn't take any special skill or know-how. The eye shadow knows what to do. And it lasts.

Just a suggestion.

That feather technique sounds interesting, though. The fact that it needs to be retouched seems to suggest that you won't come out looking perpetually shocked.

Exactly my thoughts... apparently for the first week they do look "surprised" - I could always go and R&R off the grid somewhere (if I decide to do them)... I'm seeing my girlfriend this afternoon to have a closer look... (with my glasses on... haha)

I wouldn't get them permanently tattooed either. One of my friends does semi-permanent eye brow tattoos and the looks AWESOME! I would just look into people who do them and pick one that way. Or you could learn to pencil them in. I pencil mine in (mine are thin) and it takes me no more than 10 minutes tops.

Semi-permanent? Never heard of it... I'll do a google search...

Actually it's called micro blading. I used the wrong term. Either way it does look great!

Thank you! I just researched it, yes a gentle feather technique done with a blade... lasts 3 year-ish.... Looks good on the darker models... not sure about someone fair like me

I had to google micro blading, I'd never heard of it! I do think that looks good, I like that it looks more natural than some of the tattoos.

For me personally, while I like the idea of my brows looking fabulous with no effort, I don't think tattooing would be good for me. I like changing the style of mine. 7-8 years ago I had small, thin brows. Then I let them grow back into "normal". For the last year or so, I've been sporting thicker, fuller brows.

Archived