Should I break up with him!?

Lanachapman

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for nearly three months

but basically ever since we were officially a couple he hasn't put in any effort.

I'm really trying my best not to be the annoying girlfriend who won't stop nagging

him about putting in effort, but I have just had enough...

He never puts in any effort to come and see me (we live about a 25 minute walk from eachother and he has only come to my house three times and that was when we were in the "flirting stage") and whenever I say that I can't see him for a few weeks like when I go to my mums house then he just shrugs it off and says "oh well" ... He is really sweet whenever I'm with him and makes me really happy but all the rest of the time he makes me feel like ... I don't want to break up with him because I really like him but I think it's just getting a bit too much for me.

He has literally sent me pictures of female celebrities saying "so hot" and try's to make me jealous for some reason, but if I even mention one of my friends who is a guy he freaks out... And claims it's just to annoy me and that's ok because I'm his girlfriend... I have really bad social anxiety so I find it really hard to open up to people about how I feel but I literally cried for half an hour at his house because it was just too overwhelming and he even said sorry but he hasn't changed one bit.... I really don't know what to do! Does anyone have any advice please!?

It's a bit difficult to focus on your post in italics, bold, and underlined with centered paragraph breaks but here goes. I think the first thing i would do is consider not coming to see him. Unless you have a situation where there you have roommates, or he has a dog, no car, or some legitimate reason his place is more practical for the two of you to hang out, simply suggest that you need to start taking turns. If he won't entertain that, you know where you stand. As for trying to make you jealous with celebrities, who cares? He's never going to meet them anyway.

Sorry, a bit hard to read because of the strange formatting. Have you read the book "He's Just Not That Into You"? It may give you some tips on identifying guys who are just wasting your time.

He never puts in any effort to come and see me and whenever I say that I can't see him for a few weeks like when I go to my mums house then he just shrugs it off and says "oh well"

Archived