I started talking on social media with this guy back in late February. After a few days we started talking to one another on FaceTime EVERYDAY. We live in different states of course (Florida and Maryland). Anyway, he was talking about coming to visit me (in late March) and was on the phone with me looking up flight information and everything. He then said he would try to come in July. So as July approached he started to pull back on the calls and texts. Next thing I knew we hadn't talked in a full week and he said it was just work related. He never purchased a ticket, but I know he was planning on moving from where is lives now to another part of town, has 1 child (I have none, but usually know things come up with kids all the time) and he claimed a few months ago that he wasn't talking to anyone else. Who knows if that's true.

My thing is I'm thinking about not talking to him anymore. Even though I like him, it's been 6 months and I don't see the point of FaceTiming (even if we do it less frequently than we used to) if we're not going to meet. What should I do?

Unfortunately all that stalling could represent some dishonesty, for example in a relationship/married or other misrepresentations.

It sounds like your instincts are correct that he has no intention of meeting and is using the 'busy at work' thing as an excuse to fade out of this.

we started talking to one another on FaceTime EVERYDAY.as July approached he started to pull back on the calls and texts.
Unfortunately all that stalling could represent some dishonesty, for example in a relationship/married or other misrepresentations.

It sounds like your instincts are correct that he has no intention of meeting and is using the 'busy at work' thing as an excuse to fade out of this.

Thanks for your reply. I agree something isn't right and I should follow my thoughts and just let it fade out.

You can get on some dating apps and weed out the ones looking for hook-ups thousand of women do that everyday.. Are you avoiding sex altogether? Is that what drew you to this LDR?

I agree. If only I could find one not just interested in sex.

Different take. LDR's can work and have certainly worked for me, but either one of you have to have the time, ability and means to travel regularly to meet, see each other, etc. Since you've been talking this long, but neither one of you can hop on a plane for a weekend and meet face to face, that should tell you that this particular situation is not going to work out.

Even with an LDR, the longest it's taken for me to meet someone face to face was a month from the time we decided that we seem to click and face to face is the next step. Even that was simply because he and I both were having a busy work moth with other trips and conferences. We literally hammered out right there and then the first available weekend. After that, we liked each other and I did most of the traveling, he would pick up the costs for every other trip in lieu of him coming to me.

Other than that, the dating scene/culture in FL is awful so I don't blame you for looking elsewhere. Good luck, just don't forget to still have a reasonable timeline for meeting face to face.

Different take. LDR's can work and have certainly worked for me, but either one of you have to have the time, ability and means to travel regularly to meet, see each other, etc. Since you've been talking this long, but neither one of you can hop on a plane for a weekend and meet face to face, that should tell you that this particular situation is not going to work out.

Even with an LDR, the longest it's taken for me to meet someone face to face was a month from the time we decided that we seem to click and face to face is the next step. Even that was simply because he and I both were having a busy work moth with other trips and conferences. We literally hammered out right there and then the first available weekend. After that, we liked each other and I did most of the traveling, he would pick up the costs for every other trip in lieu of him coming to me.

Other than that, the dating scene/culture in FL is awful so I don't blame you for looking elsewhere. Good luck, just don't forget to still have a reasonable timeline for meeting face to face.

Thank you so much for empathizing with the dating scene down here LOL! I appreciate your suggestions for a time frame of meeting. I agree, it is necessary to happen not too long after talking. Neither person needs to feel like we are wasting our time.

Archived