Self Esteem and new posts

eternalxsun

I am a 23 year old woman who is looking for some help with my self esteem. I've been in counseling for years and I still currently am. I have tried increasing my exercise, doing things to my physical appearance like painting my nails or shaving my legs, but no matter what I try, I feel very badly about myself. I wanted to post this in the person growth category or maybe another better suiting category but I couldn't figure it out.

Fresh haircut, tweeze the brows, try a new scent of lotion, shampoo or chapstick. Put on a nice piece of jewelry when you go out. Get a pampering massage, do a refreshing face mask packet at home. Buy a few new clothes pieces you love, Donate anything you know you dont wear. Smile, compliment others.

Think of something you really like doing, it could be make-up or gardening, and become so good at it that people come to you for advice about it rather than going on the Internet. Don't waste your time following rubbish like Kim Kardashian online, do something in the real world. You're only 23, and exactly the right age to become an expert at something you love doing which could then turn in to a lucrative business. Get out there.

Everything you listed and Gloworm as well, are all good things, but they are all superficial subjects to use the outside as compensation for what's lacking inside.

The past 7 or so months i've been talking to a coach. Which seems more simple than it is. He teaches spirituality and meditation, mindfulness, and all that.

I myself was a very skeptical person before i met him, but now i meditate frequently, and our talks has seriously helped me more than i can describe with text.

I believe the best thing you can do for yourself, something that will last forever and won't depend on any situational items or hair appointments.. Is getting a counselor, but not the regular state provided robot psychology graduate. You need someone who has experienced life, and who can pass you the cheat codes to forever loving yourself. I was lucky, i found the perfect person to teach something like that. This does not mean there's not alot of them out there.

For a start, i suggest one kind of meditation. Lay down but with neck support and put either both hands on your chest (right in the middle) or one hand in the chest one hand on your stomach, and then close your eyes, take two very deep breaths, and while you keep your breaths deep, and eyes closed, you observe the sounds around you right here and now, you observe the feeling your hands give you, the feeling you have in ur gut, in ur chest, in your legs, in your arms..

You get the idea. When you get used to that, start talking to yourself while laying there, tell yourself that whatever feeling you have right now is okay, and tell yourself you understand why you have low self esteem, but that theres no need to worry, cause you are here. Be the perfect comforter for yourself, as if you sat next to yourself. Try with closed eyes, and let your 23 year old body travel back in time to a place where you remember your self esteem took a dive, and tell that girl whatever age she might be, that its okay, you understand her, and you are here for her now, and you wont leave her side.

That's the basics of what i started doing, only building more on to it, and you can really train your mind to be independent of anything that resides outside of yourself.

Pay attention to your self talk, the voice you entertain in your head. SELF talk has a lot to do with our SELF esteem. Both are things we do for ourself. No one is reaching into our head to put thoughts in there, no one is making us feel our feelings. We are the key to both. It can be a habit to think poorly of ourselves, and feel bad about ourselves as a result. Poor self esteem is a result. Think of it as an experiment. Play with different thoughts about yourself or what you are doing, what you have learned, skills you have acquired since appearing on this earth, etc. If your mind goes to a negative, notice that you are doing that (no judgement, it happens) and then explore the positive side of the same situation. It takes practice. Notice how you feel when you try on different thoughts. If it helps, pretend is it some loving, kind being talking to you, perhaps a spiritual leader or guide or teacher or famous person you admire, an angel, a coach.

Agree..Do the inner work to improve how you feel fancy paint won't compensate for a broken down house. Start at the foundation of yourself.

they are all superficial subjects to use the outside as compensation for what's lacking inside. I believe the best thing you can do for yourself, something that will last forever and won't depend on any situational items or hair appointments.
I am a 23 year old woman who is looking for some help with my self esteem. I've been in counseling for years and I still currently am. I have tried increasing my exercise, doing things to my physical appearance like painting my nails or shaving my legs, but no matter what I try, I feel very badly about myself. I wanted to post this in the person growth category or maybe another better suiting category but I couldn't figure it out.

Exercise for your well being, not for your appearance. Make exercise a part of your like, not something to endure to look better. That will greatly improve your self-esteem.

Archived