What is 'moving on' really and what does it mean for your chances?

MUrmillo

Hi all,

I always get a bit confused when I hear people talk about their ex moving on. Wat does this actually mean according to you? And can you only get back together if you both have not completely moved on?

How do I know if she has moved on?

Even though most odds are against me, I really want my ex back in my life and have a future with her (we grew apart because I had some commitment issues and we went LDR) but I want to know if I even have a chance to begin with...

moving on means they move in their life in a forward direction, with you being behind. same goes for you. if you move on from someone, you move forward, and leave the other person behind. as far as "having a future" with her, you cannot say that with any certainty, this is simply your wish. even if she agreed to "having a future" those are only words people say when they are carried away. the only thing that endures is the test of time regardless of what you try to do.

if a relationship holds throughout time, then it's successful. if it stops intermittently, then chances start dropping. this is just how things are. don't change for someone else, because you will only be hurting yourself in the long run.

If your ex knows that you want them back. Then you basically have zero chance of ever reconciling. This is a tough pill to swallow for most people, but it's the facts.

The reason why so many people make the same mistakes is because they believe that professing their love to someone would make a difference and that it would endear them to come running back. It doesn't work.

The truth is, the main reason why your relationship worked to begin with was because there was an element of uncertainty, with one person chasing more than the other.

When one person realises the other wants them more. The game ends. This isn't something that's conscious. It happens in the background. But it's there.

Don't believe in the BS that 'Love Conquers All'. While you're thinking that, your ex is getting their rocks off with someone new. It is never about love (which never lasts anyway) but about raw desire.

If you've already made the mistake of wanting them back, then consider this a dead end.

On again, off again relationships usually never work out, and that's what it would be if you got back together. She didn't love you enough to stay and work through problems. The bitter history is sometimes too much to overcome. If it's a lifetime partner you want, it's best to work on yourself to become the best potential partner you can be, and start out with a new person fresh.

If your ex knows that you want them back. Then you basically have zero chance of ever reconciling. This is a tough pill to swallow for most people, but it's the facts.

The reason why so many people make the same mistakes is because they believe that professing their love to someone would make a difference and that it would endear them to come running back. It doesn't work.

The truth is, the main reason why your relationship worked to begin with was because there was an element of uncertainty, with one person chasing more than the other.

When one person realises the other wants them more. The game ends. This isn't something that's conscious. It happens in the background. But it's there.

Don't believe in the BS that 'Love Conquers All'. While you're thinking that, your ex is getting their rocks off with someone new. It is never about love (which never lasts anyway) but about raw desire.

If you've already made the mistake of wanting them back, then consider this a dead end.

Your ex doesn't come back because of raw desire, it's because they miss what you had together. If all that's bringing them back is some raw animal instinct, well prepare to say goodbye again in a few months.

But chasing someone who has said they want to leave never does any good. You have to accept it and move on as if they are never coming back. If they realise their mistake, they'll contact you. You decide if it's worth restarting then.

And if you don't think love lasts I feel sorry for you. In healthy stable relationships it does. It lasts a lifetime. Raw passion may fade but that turns into something deeper and stronger. Your partner is your best friend and you can't imagine life without them.

There's a reason older couples often die within days or weeks of each other. They lose the one thing that makes life worth it, their partner.

None of us can say if you have chances to get together with your ex again, but it's a) unlikely, b) not something anyone will recommend, and c) pointless to speculate on for yourself while you could be moving on.

"Moving on": The act of letting go of a relationship/ partnership, moving ahead with one's life, and potentially dating someone new when over your ex.

You need to do this, and get over your ex, and stop worrying about if she has moved on or what she is doing at all. Relationship is over.

Your ex doesn't come back because of raw desire, it's because they miss what you had together. If all that's bringing them back is some raw animal instinct, well prepare to say goodbye again in a few months.

But chasing someone who has said they want to leave never does any good. You have to accept it and move on as if they are never coming back. If they realise their mistake, they'll contact you. You decide if it's worth restarting then.

And if you don't think love lasts I feel sorry for you. In healthy stable relationships it does. It lasts a lifetime. Raw passion may fade but that turns into something deeper and stronger. Your partner is your best friend and you can't imagine life without them.

There's a reason older couples often die within days or weeks of each other. They lose the one thing that makes life worth it, their partner.

Lol I'm glad people on here disagree with me. Gives me something to read on the forums when i'm bored. People will never learn.

Archived