Need some tips

E98

I mean I'm sorry, I haven't looked at any other topic threads, suppose conversational tips would have been better. All you've gotta do is read the post to figure out what I need advice on.

Kid, there ain't no way this is happening for you. But you aren't going to believe that. So just ask her out. Any more chatting her up is useless at this point because believe me when I say, she knew if she was interested in you after your first session.

So go for it. Because in dating, there is only a small window of opportunity before the window closes. Wait too long, and the interest dies.

Kid, there ain't no way this is happening for you. But you aren't going to believe that. So just ask her out. Any more chatting her up is useless at this point because believe me when I say, she knew if she was interested in you after your first session.

So go for it. Because in dating, there is only a small window of opportunity before the window closes. Wait too long, and the interest dies.

Sorry but can you please stop calling me a "kid" or "child"? I'm sure when you were my age you didn't appreciate when people constantly called you that. Lowballing me when you don't know anything about me doesn't help anyone. My bad if I'm just asking for some tips. I thought people on here were supposed to actually read what people were seeking help on and give them actual answers for their actual problem. Guess I was wrong. I'm in no shape to be dating anyone right now. If I was, I'd have asked her out last month, or anyone for that matter. Please, if you're going to continue commenting on my posts, show a little more respect by not calling me "kid". 17 isn't a kid. If 17 means I'm a kid then 90% of all 18-19 year olds are still kids too. I'm more, or was before my accident, stable in life than a lot of people older than me. I had a job, car, my own income, and I payed for everything with my own hard work and money. Thanks for responding though. Sorry for the rant.

I mean I'm sorry, I haven't looked at any other topic threads, suppose conversational tips would have been better. All you've gotta do is read the post to figure out what I need advice on.

Don't be sorry, no problem. It's just unclear what you are seeking. In another posting it seemed like you really wanted to pursue this woman. Ultimately it's your call. But I think you've been advised enough on the subject. Don't take it personal. People may seem a little snarky, but for the most part I think they have good intentions. No one wants to see you fall flat on your face, which is the likely outcome. And you may say that's not your intention, but you've been wishy washy on the subject.

I don't really understand why everyone is thinking that I'm trying to flirt or hit on her. In no way at all am I attempting to get her to be attracted to me. At least not right now. Outside of her workspace is the only appropriate time to be flirty or whatever.

Just to date that's all.

In an earlier response I asked if you were in a position to date considering your circumstances and you said no.

You are contradicting yourself some here.

Just to date that's all.

In an earlier response I asked if you were in a position to date considering your circumstances and you said no.

You are contradicting yourself some here.

I'm not sure if I said this in any previous post but right now, in the state I'm in, I'm in no position to date. I'm wanting to get to know her because come the end of August I should be completely fine, and then I will ask her on a date. I'm pretty sure I said that in response to someone telling me that dating her would be statutory rape, which is not true. My post was to say that my intentions were not because I was attracted to her sexually. Sorry for the confusion.

Kid, I'm 55. You're 17. I have three children much older than you. I can call you son if you want but I'm sorry you aren't an equal.

The advice I would give my own son(other than this will end in disaster) is not to wait till the end of August to get to know her better. You will be firmly in the friend zone at best(if she views you as anything other than just a client). I'm not sure how badly off your leg is but when I broke mine I could still get around on crutches.

Usually (but not always) the window of attraction is fairly limited with something like this. So strike while the iron is hot. You getting to know her a whole bunch better won't make a difference.

That's the best advice I can give. I will refrain from replying to your thread after this.

Kid, I'm 55. You're 17. I have three children much older than you. I can call you son if you want but I'm sorry you aren't an equal.

The advice I would give my own son(other than this will end in disaster) is not to wait till the end of August to get to know her better. You will be firmly in the friend zone at best(if she views you as anything other than just a client). I'm not sure how badly off your leg is but when I broke mine I could still get around on crutches.

Usually (but not always) the window of attraction is fairly limited with something like this. So strike while the iron is hot. You getting to know her a whole bunch better won't make a difference.

That's the best advice I can give. I will refrain from replying to your thread after this.

I respect your opinion, but calling me kid and such doesn't make me feel any better about this. Just asking you to please stop calling me that if you're going to post on my threads, that's all. I have 4 screws in my upper tibia from a break that went all the way from the top, and wrapped around to the back of the bone. I can get around fine on crutches but it can get difficult and takes much too long. I can't even drive. I know it'll most likely not end well but I'm still going to try, despite the advice telling me otherwise, even if they're right. I'm not worried about getting rejected. I'll be disappointed yes, but since I'm expecting it it's not a big deal to me right now. I really don't care how much older you are or how much more wisdom you have. I'm just simply asking for you to stop calling me a kid, just as I wouldn't call you old or grandma or anything. It's a matter of respect.

"Is your bf also working in the PT field?"

The thing about asking her something like that is it could give away my intentions and could potentially make things awkward. Like I could imagine shed wonder why I'm asking about her boyfriend or something. Maybe I'm overthinking it but that's just what comes to mind.

The thing about asking her something like that is it could give away my intentions and could potentially make things awkward. Like I could imagine shed wonder why I'm asking about her boyfriend or something. Maybe I'm overthinking it but that's just what comes to mind.

I've always hated when guys approached me with the whole "boyfriend" presumption. It irks me so much that, even when I don't have a boyfriend, I use the opportunity to pretend that I do. But I may be the exception here. I'm a pretty direct person, and I don't have a lot of patience for ambiguity.

I've always hated when guys approached me with the whole "boyfriend" presumption. It irks me so much that, even when I don't have a boyfriend, I use the opportunity to pretend that I do. But I may be the exception here. I'm a pretty direct person, and I don't have a lot of patience for ambiguity.

Honestly in my opinion, I think it's kind of rude when guys just straight up ask if they have a boyfriend. It's like "hey, I just met you but I'm going to ask you a completely private question that's none of my business." I get that you shouldn't go after a girl who's taken and all but that's just my take on it.

Yeah, that's aggravating too. It's really a case-by-case scenario, and a lot of success has to do with charm and chemistry, which can't be planned but are inherent qualities. There's really no silver bullet solution here.

Archived