Elliejayde

I'm day 8 of NC, and you know what I've had a good day!! Yes, he's still 98% of my thoughts, but today I've felt good.

I took myself out for coffee this morning, spoke to an older lady about a book she was reading, bought my niece some Birthday presents, went for a walk, tidied my apartment, and had a complete overhaul of my wardrobe. Booked my nails in for a mani, made a hair appointment, and had a complete overhaul of my Facebook page. Deleted 364 people, now I'm down to 186 people who I'd like to hear about. Deleted my Twitter completely!

Tomorrow I'm aiming for another 12k steps on my Fitbit app, visiting my ex work colleagues and a bit of shopping. I'm also eating much better!

I'm no where near feeling like me, but I spent most of last week curled up sobbing. This week is about finding me again, and loving me for who I am now, me rather than me & him.

Right on!! You're on the right track for sure. There will be ups and down still, but over time, lots more ups than downs.

Then comes that weird day when you suddenly realize that the whole day went by and you weren't sad and you didn't think of him.

yay! awesome. Today is my 7th day of no contact. I did the same exact thing as you. I completely cut of all of my hair, revamped my wardrobe, and did my nails. Everyone has been complimenting me on how great I look and its such a confidence booster. Its so nice when your happiness is not dependent upon someone else and when you're doing things that make you happy again. I definitely encourage you to keep going, you may find more things that bring you much more happiness!

High 5, girl! I'm in the same boat, and I couldn't feel better. Ex has been keeping tabs on me, but I just ignore. Ignorance is such bliss! The social media overhaul really helped me...not that I was a big user, but the temptation to snoop made my stomach hurt in the beginning. So, I took FB off my phone and haven't logged on since early May...Twitter is deleted. I have no need for it, and the people who I want to have contact with and who make me happy are a text away.

Keep it up...it only gets better.

Archived