How to right a wrong

gerry101

Thanks Postman Pat for your advice. It's uncanny how similar your situation is to mine!

Today is day 4 of no contact, it's really difficult. I had to delete her number, I kept checking when she was last online in WhatsApp, almost like an obsession. Unsure why I was doing it, but somehow it calmed me.

I went out for dinner with friends last night, and that kept my mind off things.

I really just want an answer one way or another if we're together. However I understand this isn't possible right now

Thanks. I'm not convincing myself we are in limbo. she said she wants two weeks to think whether we should get back together or not, and she wants to make that decision with a clear mind. I understand currently we are over right now.

I would focus on moving on, letting go, and trying to accept that it's over. Taking this approach will set you up much better regardless of how/if she responds in 2 weeks. If she changes her mind, then great, you can deal with that. If she doesn't, you will be ready for it and can focus on moving on by continuing what you've already been doing.

I personally don't think 2 weeks is enough time. These things take a lot of time to work through. I think that if you want any chance, you should back WAY off, and maybe consider telling her that you guys don't need to stick to an arbitrary timeline...that she can just take whatever time she needs to sort through her feelings, and that she knows how to reach you if she needs to.

Hi all, a slight update (if anybody still reads this).

Over the past week, we've spent the night together a few times, cooked for each other, and spent full days together. Her emotions are still very up and down. For example all day yesterday she was ok, and told me she enjoyed spending the day with me.

However when I saw her last night, she demanded she look at my phone (which of course I'm ok with), and kept saying that she wants to see the conversation I had with this girl, but it's been deleted. In her mind, she is thinking there were a whole bunch of girls I was texting, but there was only one.

She still hasn't made up her mind, I know she discusses this a lot with her friends on a daily basis, some of her friends want us to get back together, others don't.

I'm seeing her this week, and she asked me to help her take her car for a service, and we will have dinner together.

Any comments or suggestions would be great. It seems right now I just hold on and ride the waves of emotion, and answer all questions she has of me honestly.

Thanks guys.

Sounds good mate, wish I was in your position!

My advice would be to tread carefully, give her space, be on good behaviour, DON'T demand any answers but of course answer the questions she has... just keep building back some trust and use this as a bit of a warning to not eff up in future.

Also don't be afraid to walk away if it gets too ridiculous.

Archived