Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Das Jet

Yesterday:

Silly Friday meeting at work, blah blah. Busy as usual, nothing really special. Hung out with Mike, Steven, and Colin, good night.

Today:

Sh*tstorm Saturday. Don't really feel like going into it which kind of defeats the purpose of journaling but it's not really worth it lol.

Not really much of an update for the past two days

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Father's Day here in America, gave my dad a tool he can use for working on his car or around the house, and the card I gave him made him a bit emotional, which I didn't expect at all. Went to the gym and worked on chest and core (held a plank for nearly 3 minutes). Aside from that, the day has been uneventful. Parents had a mini argument and they're in separate areas of the house at the moment. My mom has been in a pissy mood for whatever reason all day. Just winding down the evening watching Supernatural at the moment.

Double post, but the whole point of this thing is to get my feelings out.

For what feels like the last hour, folding my laundry then showering, I couldn't think of anything but H. I've honestly had enough of this affecting my life. I need to do something to suppress all the thoughts I have about her. I guess I'll start with pinching myself or something. I'm tired of this whole thing affecting the way I view myself and any future relationships. Enough is enough. I screwed up, I realize that, quit thinking of the negative. How have you grown in the past couple months? You've started back going to the gym, you finally realized your current job isn't getting you anywhere, you had the balls to block her social media and delete her phone number, you stop putting of doing the timing belt on the Jetta and didn't give up when things went sideways that night, you even talked to a couple girls. Things will get better. H is not the end all be all. Waiting for her is a waste of time and emotional energy, you'll just end up more hurt in the end. Loving her is okay. You probably always will, which is no issue, you need to let her go though. Be happy for what you shared with her, and make new memories without her.

That letter to myself is something I've needed to write for a while, and I'm gonna read it every day.

Also, the NBA is rigged.

Ah Monday.

Luis is off, Cameron is off, Jesus is fired. Service Xpress is a team of one today. I was pretty busy. I didn't count, but I know I probably worked on over 10 cars today, with very little downtime. I honestly like working by myself better than working with 2-3 other people. I get to work my own process, the only tools being used are my own, and believe it or not, there's a smaller chance for mistakes. I had no comebacks today, and my service advisor was constantly observing how quickly the services were getting done today. I'm pretty proud of myself, I didn't get stressed out much at all, and it was a pretty chill day at work for the first time in a while. I'm a bit worn out though honestly, like I said, I had very little downtime and I was busting my ass all day. I'm kind of sad that everybody will be back tomorrow, but hopefully it'll be a good day regardless.

Another busy day. Went fairly smoothly. We had a decent storm today, it was pissing down rain for a bit, then it got sunny, then it rained again, rinse and repeat for like 2 hours. I stayed at work a bit late to avoid the inevitable traffic, and started working on a used car certification process. Left around 7:30 and went to hang out with Steven, Colin, and his new girlfriend, which was surprisingly pretty fun. I think she'll fit right in with the rest of the group, we were all our normal (aka not normal) selves and she was completely okay with it. I'm happy for Colin and I hope they have a good, long relationship. Got home a little bit ago, just winding down for the night.

Yesterday:

Interesting to say the least. First noteworthy thing, I was offered another job, 15 minutes from my house, which I accepted. Second, I got to do an alignment all on my own, albeit on a Honda instead of a VW but still. Third is where the day gets interesting-er. I'm leaving work, and I check my phone. There's a text from Mike in our group message asking if one of us can get to his house right now before he does something stupid. Never a good sign. I call him immediately and it sounds like he's been crying, and he's not really understandable at that point, so I just tell him I'm hauling ass and I'll be there ASAP. Haul ass, I did. Midway, Colin calls me and tells me he picked up Mike and to head to Steven's house. Basically Mike had a big fight with his gf over some trust issues (don't really know the whole story), and they nearly broke up. We keep Mike with us because he needed to be away from her for a bit to get his thoughts and everything together. Long ish story short, everything gets worked out and back to normal and we had a good night hanging out.

Today:

Coming up on the expiration date for my driver's license so I decided to get it renewed. In Virginia, if you're under 21 with a moving violation, you have to take the knowledge test to renew your license, which means I had to go to the DMV, yay. I pass on the first try, which made me happy. Went to get some food, then hung out with Daniel and Junior, then me and Daniel hung out with Adam and Kota which was interesting. Daniel and Adam were interested in Jeeps, so we went to the dealership to look at some and test drive one. Nobody helped us out for like 10 minutes, and we had to ask for help. The guy we did end up talking to treated us a lot differently once he found out Adam was 26, not just some kid. Took like an hour to get him to let us test drive a Jeep lol. Winding down the night at the moment, typing up my two weeks notice to hand in tomorrow. I'm honestly not sure whether this assclown I currently work for will just let me go or let me work out the two weeks, but if he intends to let me go, I plan on reminding him how much of a completely retarded decision that would be, I'm kinda hoping he does, because I've been waiting to tell him off for weeks.

Ah Friday. Handed in my notice today, the manager was on the phone at the time and he had a really surprised look on his face. Took him like 2 hours to actually talk to me about it. All he did was ask where I was going and whatnot. Today at work was oddly chill for me, feels like a bit of a weight is off my shoulders now. Of course two of the guys tried to convince me to stay, but I think leaving is the right choice for me. After work, went out to eat with Steven, Mike, Haley, Colin and Pamela, then Pamela, Colin and I went bowling for a bit. Pretty decent day. I also asked a girl to see a movie with me, she can't on Sunday, but she said possibly Friday. We'll see, but she's a bit of a flaker.

Yesterday:

Work was slow as hell especially for a Saturday. Manager wasn't there though so that was great. After work, Mike wanted to hang out, so we ate, went to a vape store, Guitar Center, and a tattoo shop. After that, I went to hang out with Daniel, Thomas and Junior. That's when things got really interesting. Thomas' friend who is close to H told him that H is pregnant and plans to marry the guy. I kinda laughed it off and said "glad its not me", but later it hit me. We had unprotected sex a few months ago so there could be a super slight chance. I sure as hell hope not. Anyways, I broke NC this morning, because I really need to know lol. We're gonna meet up later today, and I'll post an update with how it goes.

Yep it's true, she's knocked up and now engaged. Thank God it's not mine. But our meet up was pretty good otherwise. Yeah there's still some feelings there and I guess in a way there always will be, but for the most part I'm ready to move on with my life.

Pretty decent Monday. Steady flow of cars at work, had some good laughs. Getting a bit anxious as my last day here draws closer. Ordered a new clutch for my car to the tune of almost $600 last night, should be here this week, and I'm pretty excited to get it installed. After that I can do pretty much everything else I want to do.

Today was a pretty good day as well. Woke up this morning and had to take a massive dump, which made me late for work lol. Sort of busy day. One thing I'm kinda getting sick of is people giving me sh*t about leaving the dealership. My mind is made up. If the manager swallowed his f*cking pride and offered me something to keep me, I would gladly stay, but since he's too much of an arrogant to even ask me why I'm leaving and ask if there's anything he could do to make me reconsider, I'm rolling out and that's it. If this new job doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but I have a good feeling about it. Left work around 6:40 and went to the gym, then it proceeded to absolutely pour rain. Just got an alert on my phone for a flash flood warning, so I guess I'm in for the night ahah.

Took off work today for orientation for the new job, pretty boring as expected. I lost count of how many times I printed and signed my name lol. Aside from laundry, that is about the only thing I've done today. My clutch came in though, which i'm super excited about. Slave cylinder and master cylinder should be in tomorrow, and I might just go ahead and install them. The other day I mentioned that I asked a girl to see The Conjuring 2 with me on Friday. I'm super nervous because 1) it's the ex-coworker that I mentioned in the very first post, 2) I keep getting the feeling that I want to make a move on her and 3) she keeps flaking on me, so I don't even know if it's going to happen. If I do get cancelled on, she's probably not gonna hear from me anymore. Kind of a move I guess, but there comes a time when the excuse making thing gets a bit old and annoying. Going to work tomorrow to make up for missing today, so yeah.

My parents were going to the beach for the 4th, but that fell through. I was honestly kind of excited to have the house to myself for those few days ,but it's whatever I guess lol.

Thursday:

Worked, pretty easy day, installed my clutch master cylinder, then went to eat with Steven.

Friday:

Finally Friday! Work wasn't too hard. Broke my vape tank again in the morning but it wasn't a big deal, I was in a good mood. Left work a bit early, came home and showered and changed into something a bit nicer. I had a "date" (lol) with Devynn, we saw The Conjuring 2. I'm not really into horror, as they don't really scare me, but it was definitely an interesting movie. Usually I hate when people talk through movies, but for some reason I don't mind when she does it haha. Afterwards we just stood outside and talked for a good 20 minutes, then she had to go. I headed over to Colin's house, we went and got some food from Sheetz then went to pick up his girl and her annoying ass friend. Leaving the friend's house, Colin backed into something and scratched the hell out of his rear bumper Went home after we got back to Colin's house. I also asked if Devynn wanted to watch the fireworks display on Monday, she had plans but if they fall through and it doesn't rain, then I think that'll happen. The AC in the house is screwed up, so it was way too hot in my room so I slept in the basement.

Today:

Woke up and went to work. Manager wasn't there until like 11. For some reason this took his day off and came all the way here just to ride his bike, as if there are no good spots near his house. Pretty slow day though. No plans for tonight, I kind of just wanted to chill out.

Yesterday:

Did church, skipped the gym, went to Colin's house to hang out with him and Steven. We just stayed in and watched a stupid ass movie, but still a good day.

Today:

Didn't do anything until around 7, went to Mike's house to hang out with him, Haley, Colin, and Steven. We played cards against humanity which was pretty fun. It rained pretty much all day, so the plan to go see fireworks with Devynn was off, and she didn't say anything about her other plan falling through so I didn't see her today. Ah well, it's kind of annoying trying to make plans with her, but maybe in the end it'll be worth it. Maybe when I get my schedule straight with my new job, we'll do lunch or something one day. Tomorrow marks my last 4 days at my current job, and I'm excited and a bit sad at the same time. I made some good friends in my coworkers there and I'll miss them a lot.

Tuesday:

Work was super slow, guess everyone was still on vacation. Had to take my mom's car because the last people she took it to in order to have the oil changed told her the drain plug was stripped, so I had to see what the damage was. Pulled the car in and looked at it, turned out just the head of the drain plug was rounded off. I can still get a socket on it, just the plug should be able to be replaced. There was a new set of rear shocks in the trunk that I forgot to install, so I thought why not do it while I'm here. That took a while, because I've never done it before, and it's an older car. Finally left work around 10:30, but the car feels a bit better now.

Wednesday:

Busy busy busy. Everyone is coming back from vacation so of course they need to get their cars serviced, so we were slammed for most of the day. The interesting part of the day came when I was handed an RO for a diagnosis, which I just thought I would be scanning the car for codes, not actually diving in and figuring it out. The codes were for random multiple misfires and misfires on cylinders 1 and 3, I immediately thought coils were the issue. Went to the advisor and he told me to figure it out. I was right, and we sold 4 new coils and plugs, plus the hour for the diag. Even though it was a fairly simple repair, it felt good to have been able to fix it. During the repair, I went to borrow a tool from a guy I work pretty closely with, and my current manager was over there and asked "when you're over there working for Vince, who are you gonna borrow tools from?" Jokingly I said "I'll come visit Leo every week", to which he replied "you can come visit him every day if you want!", then he came over to me while I was working on that car and told me he hadn't "accepted my resignation" so if I changed my mind I could stay. Tomorrow is my last day at this dealership, so it's too little too late, and he didn't even throw a number out there for me to consider. I was gonna go in and talk to him about it today but he's out for the next few days, so I guess I'm done here after tomorrow.

After work, went and hung out with Mike and Steven, we didn't do much, and then Junior called me to hang out, so I went with him, Daniel, Thomas, and Robert, who I think is gonna be new to the group. He was a pretty cool guy, and just like us so I think he'll fit in. We watched 10 Cloverfield, and it wasn't terrible. Left and went home after that, and got in at 1:30 ish.

Today I'm doing a bunch of laundry, then I have some forms to turn in to the dealership I'll be starting at on Monday, and of course the gym.

Yesterday:

Went with Mike to pick up my toolbox from VW, said goodbye to everyone that was there, kind of bittersweet. After that, I bought Mike breakfast at IHOP, then we went to the mall. I don't remember the last time I bought clothes for myself, so I bought some tank tops and a couple shirts, as well as some new work shoes. Came back home for a bit, then went to Steven's. We did a cookout since Steven will be starting a night shift next week, and we won't see him very often. It was fun, his friend Thomas joined us and we ended up having a deep conversation, it was pretty stimulating.

Today:

Going to Josh's house so we can install the clutch on my Jetta, much excite. Only real plan for today.

Second day went pretty well. Got my tech number so now I can start logging my flag hours and get paid a bonus if I turn a certain amount, which will be nice if the advisors are good at upselling. After work I went to a hookah cafe with Mike and Haley, which was originally supposed to be me, Mike, and Jeff, but Mike asked if he could bring Haley which I have no issue with (she's the only one of his girlfriends that we actually like lol), but then Jeff said if she came he would "have" to bring his girl, and he didn't want to "leave anyone out". Dude, we haven't seen you in months. Your girl is probably not going to kill you if you hang out with us for a little bit. Whatever, we still had a good time. Afterwards we went to the mall to mess with Colin at work. He works at Spencer's (novelty store for those who didn't know), and I saw a bib that said "This isn't a bib, this just put my cape on backwards", so I jokingly sent a picture of it to H which was surprisingly (not surprisingly) well received. Home now, winding down the evening with some Youtube videos and browsing for mods for my car.

Yesterday:

Work kiiiinda sucked lol. The A/C in the shop decided to take a dump, and it was hot as hell outside, so that translated in a very sweaty Keith at the end of the day. The day also went by slow as hell. After work, I went over to Steven's and hung out with him, Jeff, and Colin for a bit, then went on a late night Pokemon hunt with Junior, Thomas, Daniel, and Robert.

Today:

Josh had my stupid wheel lock for my car, so I had to swing by the old job and get it. It was nice to see everyone and hear about how much worse things have gotten in the last week. I know of at least 3 guys that'll be leaving there soon, and earlier today a good friend I made there asked if my current place was looking for a receptionist, she may apply, and it would be pretty sweet if we worked together again. Left there, went to the store to get some stuff I needed for the house, then did some laundry, took a nap, and went to the gym with Mike and Haley. That brings the day to a close.

"Swamp as$". A piece of good writing, right there. True, concrete, descriptive, universal, unspoken.

And made me laugh.

Mission accomplished lol.

Yesterday:

Work. No A/C still. Had to take my mom's car, because the last shop she went to rounded off her oil drain plug, so they couldn't do an oil change unless they had a replacement. I bought a replacement after I initially looked at it, and thought I could take it out by hammering a socket on it and using a ratchet. Pulled the car in and tried that, it no worky. Tried vise grips, struck out there too. Lastly, I asked one of the other techs if they had an extractor, guess what, it didn't work. The next thing to do would be to take an air hammer to it, and try to turn the plug that way, but you'd run the risk of damaging the oil pan, so I'm not gonna mess with it. I was pretty pissed off about it, but I told my mom she needed to take it back to that shop and tell them that they screwed up and they need to fix it. Got home, went in the shower and it was sunny out. I came out the shower and it's pouring rain, we even lose power for a bit. Went to Steven's house and hung out with the boys + Kayla (Jeff's girl). It's been a long time since the 5 of us have been together so it was really nice.

Today:

Church, gym, hot weather. Went to the vape store with Mike and Haley and that's about it. Also, last night/this morning, I had a dream about Devynn where I saved her life from an earthquake or something, I don't exactly remember..

Yesterday:

Work, nothing new, still no A/C lol. Afterwards, went to do some martial arts training with my dad and a group we work out with. It's been a while since I've done any practice with kali/arnis, I had fun. Might start going regularly.

Today:

Work, still no A/C. Noticing a theme here? Just chilling out right now.

Today was actually a pretty chill day. It wasn't nearly as hot as it's been all week, so not having A/C in the shop wasn't much of an issue. I finished season 4 of Supernatural a little bit ago, only 6 more to go lol. I've gotten completely hooked on this show though.

Might be seeing Devynn again next week, there's a meet and greet for Tanner Foust and Scott Speed at our old job next week and she was interested in going together, so we'll see how that pans out.

Archived