Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

A day in the life

dias

Cheat with . . . chicken thighs? wow, that's a first.

To each his own I guess.

That's funny.

I once binged on rice cakes! Ate the entire bag in one sitting and couldn't stop beating myself up about it for weeks.

My ex (whom I was living with at the time) finally had to shake me into reality. They were rice cakes! lol

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's funny.

I once binged on rice cakes! Ate the entire bag in one sitting and couldn't stop beating myself up about it for weeks.

My ex (whom I was living with at the time) finally had to shake me into reality. They were rice cakes! lol

Katrina you are on fire today. You have replied to every thread :)

Today a miracle happened. It was a sunny day with a normal temperature!! Yeah, unbelievable. God pitied us for a day. These are the days you like the UK. I am happy happy happy (at least for today hahaha). Suffice to say I was in a good mood and I droned on for hours. Told everything I haven’t told the whole week. There are days I don’t want and actually do not speak to anyone and there are days that I can’t shut my mouth. Today, I can’t shut my mouth hahahaha

I lived in Amsterdam for 5 years as a child. (6 mo in UK)

I remember getting giddy with excitement one day when it reached 70 degrees and we played with a hose on the driveway.

We came to the US to visit my grandparents a couple times during summer vacations. 90plus degrees and a swimming pool! And

she lived a couple blocks from Knott Berry Farm! Oh boy! When you are 7 yrs old these things are like a fantasy dream.

My mom still reminds me that I would cry all the way home saying I wanted to live the Grandma :)

I lived in Amsterdam for 5 years as a child. (6 mo in UK)

I remember getting giddy with excitement one day when it reached 70 degrees and we played with a hose on the driveway.

We came to the US to visit my grandparents a couple times during summer vacations. 90plus degrees and a swimming pool! And

she lived a couple blocks from Knott Berry Farm! Oh boy! When you are 7 yrs old these things are like a fantasy dream.

My mom still reminds me that I would cry all the way home saying I wanted to live the Grandma :)

:) I used to cry as well for the same reason. I used to hide in the coop hoping my parents would forget me and leave hahaha. Great grandparents are a blessing. In conjuction with good weather and amusement parks it's indeed a kid's dreamland.

Some people can handle the weather much better. I, on the other hand, change mood according to the day's weather. It does affect me a lot. I really don't want to see the weather forecast for tomorrow lol.

I joined a website which organizes naughty events in London and Edinburgh. Hmm:cool: . It has some pretty girls online but I already paid 20 pounds for registration and it needs another 10 to send messages. Maybe it's a sham and it will keep asking to upgrade your membership with every message you send. And these events are so f*cking expensive. Nowadays orgies have become expensive activities lol. They allow only couples or single girls. I have a good female friend that I think she likes me. I don't know how to say it though. "Hey, .... do you want to join me in a orgy" hahahaha. Let's see if she likes me that much lol. Friends are supposed to help each other in difficult situations, right? hahahaha

I joined a website which organizes naughty events in London and Edinburgh. Hmm:cool: . It has some pretty girls online but I already paid 20 pounds for registration and it needs another 10 to send messages. Maybe it's a sham and it will keep asking to upgrade your membership with every message you send. And these events are so f*cking expensive. Nowadays orgies have become expensive activities lol. They allow only couples or single girls. I have a good female friend that I think she likes me. I don't know how to say it though. "Hey, .... do you want to join me in a orgy" hahahaha. Let's see if she likes me that much lol. Friends are supposed to help each other in difficult situations, right? hahahaha

living the dream!

Yesterday evening I ate 8 breaded cods, 4 chicken thighs and then I met some friends and drank half bottle of Jack Daniels. It's not a lot compared to what other guys drank but I hadn't drunk like this since I was 20. The purpose was to go to the club afterwards but I was tired and went to bed. I still feel dizzy and I have to study. Got very excited these days with the sun lol.

Talked to bro. He has one final interview for a job in Gevena. It's 110K so it's very good money but he wants to go to the US. He got accepted at MIT for post-doc but they don't provide funding. That means you have to cover the cost of living. 40K is ok I guess for Boston. Not a lot of money but who does free research???? . Got an offer at UCLA with funding this time. Let's see. I am all about UCLA. I need to have a place for holidays aside from Greece. Hahahaha.

I still feel dizzy and I have to study.

I'm right there with you. Thankfully, I don't have to study.

He got accepted at MIT for post-doc but they don't provide funding. That means you have to cover the cost of living. 40K is ok I guess for Boston.

Interestingly, MIT provides a nice cost-of-living calculator:

http://livingwage.mit.edu/metros/14460

I think 40K could be tough to live on in Boston.

Not a lot of money but who does free research????

I meant research for free. lol.

Yeah it seems that with 40K you can barely survive. He is investigating if the Swiss government can provide any funding. I don't worry about him, he always finds a way to do what he wants. On the other hand, UCLA is in CA which he loves(me too haha). I don't mind spending my life between LA, London and Athens. :)

Once in a blue moon, I listen to Cork radio. I got that habit since my trip in Ireland. Listening conjured up some funny memories. I remember the distorted faces of Irish men when I was flirting with the bartender in a bar Hahahaha. In every country is the same when foreigners flirt with locals. I have to concede though that a girl flirting with foreigners gets more criticized by local men than the other way around. Anyway, I remember drinking my coffee every morning at a cafeteria in the city center. The waitress used to “draw” a heart on top of the coffee (you know the drawings with milk etc). It was not very popular in Greece so I thought “Good, she likes me” hahaha. Then I observed she did it for everyone. Disappointment! But we did chat every day. There is one word that Irish use in every sentence. It’s “lovely”. Everything is lovely hahaha. Happy memories :)

I have a friend that has a long distance relationship with an Italian girl. They met in the UK last year. She is studying in Italy now. I was wondering how long can a LDR last? Ok, Italy is close, you fly there every two weeks or once a month. But for how long is this feasible?

It was a period I saw my friend struggling with the fact that she is goes out and gets a lot of attention. I told him that she just moved to a big city in Italy and of course she would go out at bars. She is very pretty and sexy so I am sure she gets a lot of attention but that doesn’t mean anything. He complains that we are in a small city with no Mediterranean girls and it wouldn’t be the same if we were in London or Manchester etc. I think he is jealous that she can have fun and he can’t.

It’s not my business though and I didn’t tell him anything. I do understand his perspective because she is good looking and although this doesn’t mean anything, you know that she will get a ton of attention which subliminally irritates you. LDR are more difficult in my opinion. You have all these problems that a relationship entails plus the distance. Good grief…..

I don't get it either.

Most recently my high school sweetheart reconnected with a woman he knew from his past. His FB page states he's in relationship. Mind you, he lives in Nevada and she's in Switzerland. Oooo K?

I dated someone off and on. More off than on and he's now seeing someone from Poland. He lives in California and according to his FB page, she just moved to CA from Poland last week. They've known each other for 2 months.

Has the world gone nuts?

Tell me there has to be people to date, at least within your own state, let alone your own country.

Clearly one shouldn't need to result to going overseas because the dating pool in your own back yard is that bad.

*Scratching my head here.

These cases you mentioned are even worse. The distance is literally half the planet lol. England from North Italy is about 2.5-3 hours so it's not that bad but if we are realistic, how long can it last? My take, long distance relationships end when one of the two finds a local. It not about loss of interest, it’s just not practical. But I guess it is better to have some company than nothing at all.

My brother met his (ex?) girlfriend in Netherlands(but she is Greek) and they moved together after a year. They lived in Switzerland for 3 years but now she is back to her hometown in Greece. It's been a year they've been in a LDR but I think that it has practically ended. Out of sight, out of mind as they say.

It was a period I saw my friend struggling with the fact that she is goes out and gets a lot of attention. I told him that she just moved to a big city in Italy and of course she would go out at bars. She is very pretty and sexy so I am sure she gets a lot of attention but that doesn’t mean anything.

He complains that we are in a small city with no Mediterranean girls and it wouldn’t be the same if we were in London or Manchester etc. I think he is jealous that she can have fun and he can’t.

Well he could always take a train into London on the weekends or something, and hit on the Mediterranean girls then, right?

You know, just so he wouldn’t feel so jealous of his girlfriend having fun and he isn't.

I dunno just a thought. lol :p

Well he could always take a train into London on the weekends or something, and hit on the Mediterranean girls then, right?

You know, just so he wouldn’t feel so jealous of his girlfriend having fun and he isn't.

I dunno just a thought. lol :p

Yeah, I guess he could go to London once or twice per month. But he is not the type that he does things alone. He used to party everyday when he was in Manchester and he can't handle the boredom in this small town now. But honestly, it's his life and I don't care what he could do or not lol.

@dias, sorry my East Coast humor (sarcasm) often doesn't translate well in written form. :(

My response was actually meant to be tongue n cheek; I thought his comment (complaint) that there are no Mediterranean girls in his city was a bit odd, given the fact he does have a steady girlfriend.

Unless he just wants to stare at them. lol :D

Archived