Google approved my app. It was published yesterday https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.vindel .

No, it’s not the idea I was writing about for so long. It’s something else. I will explain in another post later on. I hired a freelancer for the development.

You can download it but you won’t see anything as there is no content yet. It doesn’t appear on play store when I search it, probably I will have to wait 2-3 weeks for this to happen. I am going to upload it on Apple store the following days.

The next steps are marketing and app distribution for free. This is the difficult step. The coronavirus delays me as many stores are shut down. But hey, I am not rushing :) . Step by step, brick by brick this time.

On another note, we started working from home. It’s not mandatory though, whoever wants to go to work is free. It’s nice to have choices.

Liverpudlians keep converging in pubs, bars and cafeterias. The supermarkets are empty of course. The other day I couldn’t find tinned tuna in water ? Who on earth would buy tuna in water when there is a tower of tuna with oil available ? I mean if you are expecting the apocalypse and want to isolate yourself in a haven for months on end you shouldn’t be worried about your diet. Lol and Grr at the same time.

I am thinking about the repercussions of coronavirus in economy. I think some industries lost money and some industries gained money. In other words, money changed hands. There are many people who exploit the panic and fear. Media help them too. Media cultivate even more fear and panic. Best salesmen ever. I understand this is their job but it doesn’t really help the situation.

I believe the deaths will continue to soar for the next 6 months. Thenceforth, I believe we will enter the “steady” phase for the next couple of years until the antidote is found. This is what I think. Hopefully I am wrong.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing weather today! My last two weeks in Liverpool! Can't really believe it! Who would have known....Never in my life would I have imagined myself in Liverpool. London sure but Liverpool? I just kn

I asked kamurj to delete my account as I wanted to focus on work. It seems you can't delete your account so here I am again lol My intuition was right! I came back to Liverpool three weeks a

There is magic in this world, it's called nature 🙂  Birkenhead (the town on the other side of the river) during sunset!

Posted Images

Thank you Jib and DF. Fortunately, I can do many things online unencumbered.

Just a couple of hours ago Boris Johnson decreed the shutdown of pubs, gyms, bars etc. I went to work today because my internet sucks at home. It's very possible next week companies will shut down too and everyone will be working from home. I like going to the office to be honest...Technology will become even more important the next couple of years. It was bound to happen but the circumstances will expedite the growth in IT.

It doesn't seem real. Especially when the weather is good like today. Here is a photo of the waterfront :)

49681199322_b4a9cbdcdb_o.jpgLiverpool Waterfront by Apostolos Konstantinos Athanasiou, on Flickr

I am talking with a British girl from Match.com. We were planning to meet tomorrow but we were both hesitant due to the coronavirus. I suggested we postpone it until things get more normal again and she agreed. No the best time for dating. Not that I care too much though lol

• Like 1
Gorgeous shot as always and thanks for sharing. The weather where I live has been so rainy and gloomy I'm starting to forget what sunshine looks like.

That's for you :)

49698143888_49060c5963_o.jpgLiverpool Dusk by Apostolos Konstantinos Athanasiou, on Flickr

It was a beautiful sunset and dusk. Like, really amazing. It feels unreal that there is an epidemic killing people out there at the same time....

Oh wow! Breathtaking and thank you! :) You really take amazing photos.

Finally getting a few sunny days here so it's a little less depressing outside. Looks like we might even get some decent weather over the weekend as rain is now forecast only overnight. Fingers crossed. Sooo need to get outdoors.

I will binge with old James Bond movies this weekend.

-You know much about guns Mr.Bond?

-No, I know little about women.

Looooool.

The scenes in which he slaps some women would have been censored now. Maybe women in the 70s liked it a bit more rough hahaha.

They had very good taste in women in the 70s, in the last movies the actresses are pretty average.The beauty of women in James Bond movies is following a decline trend since the inception. The blonde in 1:50 must have written history at the time.

So after binge-watching all the James Bond movies with Sean Connery my verdict about my top three is:

1)Thunder ball

2)Dr No

3)From Russian with love

Top girls:

1)Ursula Andress – The hot blonde in Dr No. The one I mentioned in my previous post.

2) Claudine Auger – The French girl in Thunderball. Very good looking.

3) Honor Blackman – The blonde in Goldfinger. She was really sexy.

The movies were filmed in the 60s not in the 70s as I thought. I like the old movies better than the modern ones. But I don’t like Daniel Graig as an actor so I am biased. And blonde James Bond? Meh!

I liked that the scenarios were much simpler. In the old movies the bad guy wants to get rich and dominate the world. Nowadays, the bad guys are complicated sociopaths who don't make any sense whatsoever and the plot is so stupidly perplexed and twisted ….

I like simple scenarios like the old ones where James Bond sleeps with a different woman in every scene hahaha. I also noticed the old James Bond was much more womanizer than his contemporary counterpart. He meets a woman at the reception he sleeps with her, he meets a woman in a taxi he sleeps with her, he meets a woman in the middle of nowhere he sleeps with her. I like it lol. I also like the style of the 60s, it's classic. Ah, I was born too late!

I tried to watch Joker. I couldn’t even last 2 minutes. I understand most people find sociopaths intriguing for some reason and hence the box-office success but I am not one of them. I don’t understand sociopaths, I don't find them interesting, I don’t find them intriguing, I find them depressing if anything.

On a totally different note, I am thinking about investing on the stock market the next months. The stocks are plummeting and will continue plummeting for the next 2-6 months but when the appropriate time comes the rich will buy everything and 3-4 years from now will get way richer. And the rest of us will be spending money on toilet paper and complaining why the rich get richer in every crisis. I read that Warren Buffet is buying airline stocks. I am not surprised. Hmm, I am hesitant because I don't know anything about the stock market but damn it is really common sense to invest the next months. I will think about it.

I talked to my parents who are panicked and I am like why are you panicked. We don’t have the virus (knock wood), we are not on the front lines, we are not working in the healthcare industry, we still have our jobs and even if we lose them we have enough savings to survive so why panic? The only thing we have to do is to stay in, is not that horrible when others are not so fortunate is it?

Yiayia i know these are your last hours on this earth. I am sorry i am not there to hold your hand and say how much i love you.

You remember telling me as a kid you will watch me from the sky when the time comes? I haven't forgotten.

They say the biggest gift you can give is to leave a positive influence to your loved ones. Thank you for this enormous gift yiayia. I pray you are not in pain these last moments.

I love you,

Your grandson.

• Like 1

That was it. Her soul is travelling to the other side. The only solace is that her torture has ended. She was diagnosed with cancer on the 7th of Feb, today it’s the 5th of April. Not even two months ago… but in these two months she suffered a lot mentally and physically. Mentally because she was a “young” 86 years old, she was perfectly healthy and her brain worked till the last second. She just didn’t want to go. Physically, aside from the fluid in her stomach and the pain, she hadn’t eaten two months and hadn’t drunk anything the last week. She vomited blood all the time the last 10 days.

We talked on Skype every day the last couple of months… until she couldn’t talk anymore. I wasn’t watching my beloved vigorous grandma, I was watching her skeleton. We thought she would leave us on Friday but yesterday she resurrected for a few minutes. She couldn’t speak but she could move her eyes.

When I was very young (4 or 5) my paternal grandma asked me if I loved her. I said no. She asked me why. My brother answered for me “because the only person dias loves is grandma Zoe, he believes she gave birth to him”. I always used this phrase to cheer her up. She had a huge weakness for me and vice versa. I told her the joke for the last time yesterday on Skype. Her eyes blazed and her face lit up for a minute and then turned dark again as she realized she won’t see me again. This was my last contact with my yiayia.

I just wish I could be there these last moments.

I am writing to relieve the pain because tears are not enough. She was 86, it shouldn’t be that hard. It did affect me a lot though.

Thank you Jib, HGO, DF and Reinvent. Thank you for your support.

• Like 1
Her eyes blazed and her face lit up for a minute and then turned dark again as she realized she won’t see me again. This was my last contact with my yiayia.

I just wish I could be there these last moments.

That is so lovely.

You really were there, you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Jib, milly, itsallgrand, DF and Hermes. I am much better these days. I have come to terms with this. It was more painful when I was seeing her suffer. In the end, you can't really do anything, just accept reality. I do have beautiful memories though :)

It's been busy at work. It keeps me distracted.

We received an email from the CEO a couple of hours ago. They are laying off 700 people across the UK due to CV. That sounds fun. Ugh.

Hopefully I am not one of them but to be honest I am used to this sort of roller coasters. Doesn't really scare me.

It's been busy at work. It keeps me distracted.

We received an email from the CEO a couple of hours ago. They are laying off 700 people across the UK due to CV. That sounds fun. Ugh.

Hopefully I am not one of them but to be honest I am used to this sort of roller coasters. Doesn't really scare me.

Ouch.....fingers crossed you won't be part of that.

Jesus freakin Christ.

-Software not being able to load the data

-A technical mistake I made

-Client is being an as*hole

-Audit manager is getting very frustrated

-Auditors lie low when it comes to their mistakes

-I spent my nights trying to load the data this week to no avail

-Got reprimanded because I asked the client a few questions. I am not on a client facing team and I don't know how to write an email to the client according to my managers(although I was doing a client facing job in London)

-The issue was escalated to everyone above me up to the "big dogs" - Good thing they will learn my name, bad publicity is better than no publicity

Yeah, I am having fun here.

So I found the mistake I made in the script yesterday. Problem was, the software we have in the company is not made to load 100 million rows of data. I called the audit manager to explain this to her. I told her I am doing everything I can but the software just freezes and stops responding. I also wanted to tell her is not my fault the company bought the cheapest software in the market. Of course I didn't tell her that. Then, I suggested another way to load the data by breaking it down to smaller chunks but this would mean we would have to go back to the client. She rejected my suggestion saying we can't bother the client again, that he is a huge client and there are SLAs involved etc etc. She sent an email to my manager and a manager in London saying she understands it's not my fault but the job needs to be done now etc etc.

So the job was re-assigned to the technical team in London who have better software tools and are more technically experienced (maybe true for the rest of my team, I have a better background as a software engineer than the guys in London - and I am not even good). Anyway, the last thing the guys in London told me is that their software crashes too. I concede, it would make me very happy if their software keeps crashing for a few days. Now I took the blame for the auditors who I helped them without complaining for their mistakes, for the client's mistakes and for the software's limitations. Yes I did make a mistake in the script that delayed us for two days. It's not that bad if you think this job is going on for two months now without any progress from the client’s and audit team’s side.

The funny thing is, the probation review was last week and the supervisor described my performance as stellar. It's not so stellar anymore hahahahahaha.

For the meager salary I get I wouldn't normally go out of my way to solve a problem or work overtime but I don't like unfinished jobs.

Once, I asked an auditor to prepare an excel if she wanted to use our services (her responsibility) and she replied: "my pay rate is too high to waste time on this task". It found it quite entertaining. I am thinking about using the same argument with a tiny difference: "my pay rate is too low to spend time on this task" hahahahahahahahahahaha

On a different note, it seems many people are really struggling staying at home due to CV. For me it doesn’t really make any difference. It only affected me when I couldn’t visit my grandmother. Other than that, the only lifestyle changes are working from home and not going to the gym. I do miss going to work and I do miss hitting the gym (especially the latter) but that's it. I am not stressed or panicked or anything. Well, as long as I don't catch the virus lol. If anything, I am just bored and I am eating more. I am living a solitary life so I overcame the loneliness issues a few years back.

I've become pretty much immune and emotionless to most things.

The team in London hasn't managed to load the data yet hahahahahahahahaha. They are thinking of breaking down the data into smaller chunks like I suggested. That means they have to go back to the client; something they so didn't want to do.

Ah, small pleasures which make your day :)