Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

A day in the life

dias

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The temperature got back to 36,6. Phew. But during all night and early morning I had 39,5+. At some point I went to the kitchen to eat something and while I was sitting on the chair, I fainted, collapsed on the floor and hit my head. I just remember the 2 seconds before I fainted and then I found myself on the floor. I was lucky enough that the chair had a back and I fell on the side and didn't hit the back of my head. Still hurts a lot though.

Holy crap, Dias! I am glad you are ok. Feel better soon and seriously get some rest.

A couple of weeks ago we had the Christmas party at work. The whole morning we had to give presentations on what we have done/achieved this year. A salesman congratulated me for being so confident and natural during the presentation. I was delighted to hear such compliment from a salesman since I come from a technical background and I am a known introvert. But what they don’t know is that I am a natural actor, I love acting, I truly enjoy presentations. I will ask the CEO at some point to move me to pre-sales. That’s the plan if I stay in this company.

The CEO had some satirical pictures for everyone in the company. For me, he posted a picture of a saint (due to my name) and the words “the God/destroyer” next to the picture. The “destroyer” was because I appear to be very serious (I am not lol). About the God thing, I am not sure, maybe I come across as aloof/vain sometimes…

Then we had to exchange gifts. I had to buy gift for the flirty lady of the marketing department (naturally it had to be me hahaha ) . I bought her a sexy Beyonce fragrance. She understood within seconds that it was me that I bought the gift. She hugged me to thank me and I told her “sexy perfume for a sexy lady”. She seemed pleased lol.

She was a bit flirty towards me when I joined the company, she told me she is not divorced but she lives separately from her husband. I tried to glean how far she could go (just out of curiosity hehe). I found out she is the typical “all bark and no bite” flirty type. So, no clandestine sex in the toilets unfortunately haha.

It’s funny how the naughty types recognize me so swiftly. Some glances are enough. Maybe it is what they say: It takes one to know one ^^

Bro asked me to go to Boston for new years Eve so he won't be alone. We have 10 +cousins on the east coast but he is not close to our extended family like me. Well, I didn't want to spend my savings to visit Boston with -10. I will go in the summer.

So I visited our gradma in Poland and he visited our grandma in Greece for a week lol. My gradma paid for my tickets and she gave me 1000 euros for Christmas. Bribery works! Kidding lol. Both grandmas were always generous.

There are two similarities between a Greek and a Polish grandma. They both feed you like there is no tomorrow and they both ask you when you are going to find a girlfriend lol

I didn't have time to get any photos except for this.

45822091914_0f13a6dc9b_z.jpgIMG-6ed145a5c276a24179c409b620680f83-V by Kwstas papadopoulos, on Flickr

It's a pretty middle size town on the Baltic coast

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/48-hours-in/gdansk-poland-best-restaurants-bars-hotels-things-to-do-city-guide-a8377076.html

Here is a photo with my nephew and niece. Not the best but

45632278245_7f1a1fec73.jpg2018-12-31 18.32.27 by Kwstas papadopoulos, on Flickr

Anyway, back to London in a few hours.

Happy new year my ENA friends. Hope the best for everyone :))))

Happy New Year Dias! Hope you go from strength to strength in 2019!

That’s a lovely photo of you with your ‘niblings’ (it’s a word, google says so!), full of personality!

Happy new year hidden_kitten. I am sure that 2019 will be awesome for you too :)))

PS My niece is a real sweetheart, she almost made me think how it would be if I had a daughter.

• 3 weeks later...

I was leaving the office when it started snowing. A nice, mild snowfall. It’s slightly above zero so it’s not too cold. I opened my umbrella at first but I furled it after a couple of minutes. It’s one of these moments that you put your headphones on, listen to your favorite music, enjoy the lovely snowfall, walk and daydream :) I am beginning to enjoy the cold weather, that’s a miracle. Well, cold weather is a relative term but yeah :)

I met a new client today. I work mostly with accountants and auditors, although I am still on the software side. Most of the accountants are 55+, I honestly expected them to be fussy but it turns out they are easy going. Sometimes I prefer working with them than my colleagues. It’s a nice change from collaborating with engineers. I don’t miss the typical engineer who knows it all and takes his job more seriously than a doctor performing life-saving operations.

I had to learn basic accounting stuff which I have to admit it’s very tedious. You know what they say: “if you can’t handle the excitement as an accountant, become an auditor” lol. Still, I like being on the client side even if it pays less.

Some Sundays I attend a meet-up group organized by a British girl in West London. We go for lunch at an Italian restaurant and then to an Anglican church. It’s interesting to meet new people every time from all walks of life. Most people are not there to make friends, they just want to socialize. That’s fine by me because I don’t care to make friends, I just want to socialize too.

I was in a really good mood today, one of these days that I draw a lot of attention from women. There was a group of Scandinavian girls sitting in the next table, two of them were checking me out all the time but it would be awkward to just go to their table and introduce myself.

I also caught a few glances and smiles from the cute Italian waitress and when she came for the bill, I grabbed the opportunity:

Me: Are you Italian?

Her: Yes from the North. Where are you from?

Me: Athens, Greece. Let me ask you something, how do you say good looking in Italian ?

Her: Bella for women, Bello for men.

Me: You are bella!

Her: Thanks!

Me: What’s you name?

She told me her name and something else, I just said I love your Italian accent and language! Paradoxically, she was very forthcoming for a waitress, usually waitresses get annoyed when you try to flirt.

Before we left I scanned the restaurant to find her but couldn’t see her. We went out and suddenly she came out for a cigarette. I approached her (always smiley of course lol) and I told her: “Cristina, I just met you, I don’t know you but would you like to go for a cup of coffee sometime?” She replied: “Well, I have a boyfriend and I don’t know how he would feel about that”. We both laughed. I wished her a nice day and left with the group.

I always get the “I have a boyfriend” excuse. I mean, I don’t know if she has a boyfriend or not but I always get the same excuse from women. I would like to hear a different way of rejection, just for variety lol

Also the host seems a bit interested in me but I can’t really detect. She is an extrovert, so you never know with these. I paid her a compliment about having nice voice (which is true, I never lie when I compliment) and she seemed to like it. Dunno. Maybe if I keep going to the meet-up I will find out.

Whatever the case, I have a good time :)

Dias I thought you was an Italian ....why did I think that ....so you are from Greece ?

Anyway , I love that you just went for it and asked her for coffee ...

Yes I am Greek, born and raised in Athens. From genetic perspective , I am 75% Greek, 25% Polish.Although if people don't know my name they think I am Spanish.

She was friendly and polite. Easy to approach. I wish more women would be like this. I don't approach women with resting face!

Yes I am Greek, born and raised in Athens. From genetic perspective , I am 75% Greek, 25% Polish.Although if people don't know my name they think I am Spanish.

She was friendly and polite. Easy to approach. I wish more women could be like this. I don't approach women with resting face!

haah with resting faces ..I know what you mean ....

I had a damn good time in Greece in my 20's ..Corfu actually , still don't know why I thought you Italian .

Archived