Open Club  ·  29 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing weather today! My last two weeks in Liverpool! Can't really believe it! Who would have known....Never in my life would I have imagined myself in Liverpool. London sure but Liverpool? I just kn

I asked kamurj to delete my account as I wanted to focus on work. It seems you can't delete your account so here I am again lol My intuition was right! I came back to Liverpool three weeks a

There is magic in this world, it's called nature 🙂  Birkenhead (the town on the other side of the river) during sunset!

Posted Images

The marketing department decided that it is necessary to have professional photos on our website. So we called professional photographers to take our pictures. It took me like 20 times to "achieve" the smile and the pose the marketing lady wanted. She told me "smile, you don't smile enough" and I was like that's the biggest smile I have. The girls at work think it is a good photo but I would have taken it differently if I were the photographer.

The marketing department decided that it is necessary to have professional photos on our website. So we called professional photographers to take our pictures. It took me like 20 times to "achieve" the smile and the pose the marketing lady wanted. She told me "smile, you don't smile enough" and I was like that's the biggest smile I have. The girls at work think it is a good photo but I would have taken it differently if I were the photographer.

You could have done them all dias and saved them a whole heap of money ...or better still ..paid you

• Like 1

I chatted with a Muslim woman (age 34) on OKCupid the last few days. She gave me her phone number to have a chat before we meet. She insisted to talk on the phone first and she was right. I called her and we discussed for about half an hour. There were some red flags in the conversation: when I told her that I work out a lot she replied “ Oh that’s great, most men nowadays are lazy and don’t take care of themselves. Men used to be strong but now they are wimps”. I was like yeahhhh, ok. Then I asked her if she was Muslim and she replied immediately “don’t start trouble when there isn’t one” I don’t have anything against any religion but I didn’t like the answer. She had this bossy attitude. I didn’t know there are feminist Muslims.

I offered to meet her for a coffee on Sunday and she agreed. She didn’t even ask what would be a convenient location for both of us, she just stated the location saying “google a good cafeteria in this location” . I thought about it today and decided that it wouldn’t work. I texted her that we will not be compatible so better not to waste our time.

Sooooooooooooooooooo, I went to a speed dating event in London. My first time. It was nice. I had low expectations from the start. It is easy to get frustrated otherwise. I just went because it’s better to socialize with people than stare my room ceiling on a Saturday night.

20 men, 20 women, rotation every four minutes. All the women were very educated: lawyers, doctors, teachers and many many engineers. I liked three women, 2 British, 1 Spanish. If we match with someone they will send an email. Let’s see.

One of the British ladies had a Greek ex and had spent a lot of time in Greece. She could actually speak basic Greek and she told me she could read and write. I liked her, she was good looking too. After the event, I asked her if she would like to go eat something but she politely replied that she will stay for a drink at the bar. So minus 1 already. I couldn’t find the other two because the bar was so freaking crowded. I was tired too so I left.

The first words when they saw my name was “you are Greek, right?” except for the Spanish girl who started talking in Spanish. It was so funny!

I liked a Ukrainian engineer but we didn’t match personality-wise. There was a French doctor who was very cute and seemed a really genuine and nice person but there wasn’t physical attraction.

One thing I verified about myself: I can’t date engineers or lawyers. Period. The only difference is that until now I believed that lawyers are the worse between these two but I changed my mind. Engineers are the worse. There is no compatibility whatsoever. Period.

The most dateable (for me) women are teachers, doctors, accountants and those who work in customer service. Teachers are the best though.

20 pounds for the event+13pounds for the drinks+10 pounds for the train. Can’t do it every week but I am planning to do it every two weeks. Not because I am so desperate to find someone, but watching the ceiling is not very fruitful.

Edited by dias

Just popping into your thread, dias, and after reading your most recent post, I’m curious to know (and hope you don’t mind me asking), why do you find that you can’t date lawyers or engineers? I’m super curious! Lol

Most engineers have very structural and logical thinking which is good for work but I don’t like it at all when it comes to dating. I feel like I am at work, not on a date. After all these years of studying and working in IT, one would have thought that I would be a logical thinker myself but no. I am 100% an instincts person who doesn’t mingle well with engineers and scientists.

As for the lawyers, I just don’t really find this “style “attractive. I wouldn’t of course reject a woman because she is an engineer or a lawyer (or any other profession) but I’ve found out that I don’t really match with them.

Are you a lawyer or an engineer? It’s not personal you know lol

We had a paper and we wrote down our date’s name and if we would like to date them. Then the organizer collected the papers and he was supposed to send an email if we matched with someone. I never received any email so obviously I didn’t match with anyone. Funny thing is, from what I’ve seen most guys and gals didn’t tick any “date-yes” box for anyone. I thought I have unrealistic standards but it seems I am more down to earth than I thought. And it’s not like people there were models, very average most of them.

Edited by dias

Thanks for sharing, dias. I know it’s nothing personal towards anyone in those professions, I was just genuinely curious to know the reasons. :)

Good for you for giving speed dating a try, though, because you never know.

This day seemed endless. I knew I was a bit sick (everyone is a bit sick) but not that bad. The thermometer showed 39,2 .Brilliant. The other guy on the team is on holidays and I am the only one for support. I want to go tomorrow but I don't know if it's a smart choice. Let's see if I feel better in the morning.

The temperature got back to 36,6. Phew. But during all night and early morning I had 39,5+. At some point I went to the kitchen to eat something and while I was sitting on the chair, I fainted, collapsed on the floor and hit my head. I just remember the 2 seconds before I fainted and then I found myself on the floor. I was lucky enough that the chair had a back and I fell on the side and didn't hit the back of my head. Still hurts a lot though.

• Like 1
Ahhh Dias go get checked darling ...both me and Emily are out of action as well ..I feel shocking ..ems off work .. You need to take paracetomol every 4 hours to get control of your temp and that is kinda urgent ....xx hope you feel better soon .

My mom got so sick a month back. She got pneumonia and a ruptured ear drum and stuffed up ears. She is still deaf as a post. You have to scream at her for her to hear you.

Holy crow! Are you ok? Better get that checked!

Well, it is not the first time I hit my head. The pain will subside by tomorrow or Friday but the bump will need weeks. Fortunately, I didn't go to work, I wouldn't want to faint while crossing the street.

Ahhh Dias go get checked darling ...both me and Emily are out of action as well ..I feel shocking ..ems off work .. You need to take paracetomol every 4 hours to get control of your temp and that is kinda urgent ....xx hope you feel better soon .

Thanks pippy :). I use lemsip, I am better now. Hope it stays that way because I can't skip work tomorrow.

My mom got so sick a month back. She got pneumonia and a ruptured ear drum and stuffed up ears. She is still deaf as a post. You have to scream at her for her to hear you.

Good grief ...it shows how one thing leads to another ...me and ems have infected sinuses and the infection is running down our throats making us cough none stop ..emily was so bad she has been refered for physio , looks like she has damaged the muscles in her back because of the none stop coughing . I have lost my voice which is probably a bonus for everyone else lol x

• Like 1
Good grief ...it shows how one thing leads to another ...me and ems have infected sinuses and the infection is running down our throats making us cough none stop ..emily was so bad she has been refered for physio , looks like she has damaged the muscles in her back because of the none stop coughing . I have lost my voice which is probably a bonus for everyone else lol x

Geezzz. I feel for you and Ems. I get them a lot too . 🥺

any advice/products .. I will be glad ot hear it vic ...I have things to do and this is a week I have been laid on my sofa now ...we have both got anti biotics so hopefully they will kick in soon x

A dr gave me prescription strength antihistamines and steroid nasal spray for when it is just starting because I have had a million antibiotics so they want to avoid giving me more.

In a few days you should both feel better.