Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

you know your getting old when

justjen

You have something in common with virtually every problem posted on a support forum.

I just skimmed through all the titles on the forum board and realised almost everyone of them I could respond to because of past experience (mostly bad ones).

I guess at 51 this is the same for many, please tell me its not just me that can identify with all the problems on here

You know you're old when you hurt yourself in your sleep. Do you ever do that! Just get out of bed and your back tweaks or your hurt your ankle or something stupid.

I havent had that yet...I look forward to it

Actually I am feeling chuffed at the moment, having just been referred to as young lady by a visitor at work! I said to him, I am not young but you have made my day, he said "your younger than me" and we had a little debate without giving away our ages. He looked late 40s at most and I am 51 so either he thinks I am genuinely younger or he was being charming or he is a lot older than he looks, but who cares he made my day!

You know you're old when you hurt yourself in your sleep. Do you ever do that! Just get out of bed and your back tweaks or your hurt your ankle or something stupid.

musicman .... you are 26 .... that's sooooo NOT old!!!

There are a lot of threads I can relate to on here so you aren't alone. Mostly they are to do with the mistakes I have made over the years as regards relationships and hanging on to people I should have let go a long time ago!

musicman .... you are 26 .... that's sooooo NOT old!!!

There are a lot of threads I can relate to on here so you aren't alone. Mostly they are to do with the mistakes I have made over the years as regards relationships and hanging on to people I should have let go a long time ago!

I was also in intense martial arts very heavy for many years including competitive fighting (16+ years). 26 is like 36 in karate years. My feet and hands are screwed up. I have a herniated disc in my lower back, not bad enough to require surgery but still brings on pain and nerve problems. I have tennis elbow in both arms from throwing tens of thousands of punches/jabs over the years. I also think I tweaked something in my upper back. My shoulders are also wearing out, I had to modify a lot of my weight lifting routines for bad shoulders. Pile all that on with asthma that picks up every now and then.

Yeah, I definitely got the pains and problems early age! I hate it.

I was also in intense martial arts very heavy for many years including competitive fighting (16+ years). 26 is like 36 in karate years. My feet and hands are screwed up. I have a herniated disc in my lower back, not bad enough to require surgery but still brings on pain and nerve problems. I have tennis elbow in both arms from throwing tens of thousands of punches/jabs over the years. I also think I tweaked something in my upper back. My shoulders are also wearing out, I had to modify a lot of my weight lifting routines for bad shoulders. Pile all that on with asthma that picks up every now and then.

Yeah, I definitely got the pains and problems early age! I hate it.

Ouch!! Who would have thought that doing something you think would keep you super fit would bring so much pain later?

I knew I was getting old when ......

I told my daughter she "you really shouldn't go out in this weather with your midriff showing"

my children laughed at me for getting the words of certain songs wrong

my youngest said to me "stop doing that, it's embarrassing, we're in public"

In other words I knew I was getting old when I turned into my parents!!!!

Something I swore I would never do when I was younger!

Getting old eh? LOL When I was a young Marine I went to this barbershop run by an older Marine. Real badass out of WWII and Korea, we got along well. He started telling me that he never thought of himself as old, until he went to dance after his divorce. He was 48 and thought he was still God's gift, as he put it; "my hair was dark and my teeth were all accounted for.." lol

So he prowls the dance floor and spots a potential partner and goes in for the kill, she knocks him out of the saddle. Polite but firm NO!

Puzzled him and so he goes to the open bar to think and get some tactics going, no wingman I guess. The girl and her pal move up to the bar and he sees them in the bar mirror. They don't know he's there and he overhears them talking;

"Can you believe that old man asking me to dance??"

I can still see him, talking with his hands, clippers in one and all the studs in the 'shop listening. I could see it affected him still, at that moment someone told him he was old and that was no bueno.

What's my point? It happens. I got the same wake up call when my super hot barber, probably in her late 20's, asked me if she could trim the white out of my eyebrows. Ugh. I had to find a new barber. Kidding.

But hey, isnt there something sexy about old too...I get hit on all the time by my sons twenty something friends (never accept) they seem to see something in an older more mature filly. I am happy to be just me, I feel 15 but the mirror disagrees..lol

You know you're getting old when sons of the soccer players you loved are now playing soccer in your favorite team!

You know you're getting old when you talk to younger people and they learn in history class the stuff you witnessed live!

And they don't have a clue about a lot of 80's and 90's stuff you're talking about!

I realized I'm getting old at the office: After I changed my password I kept forgetting that I had changed it and typing the old one... now that I'm finally starting to remember, it's been almost 3 months and it's time to change it again!

Plus, no one believes that there were once 5 1/4 inch floppy disks except me. I'm telling you they were really here!

I realized I'm getting old at the office: After I changed my password I kept forgetting that I had changed it and typing the old one... now that I'm finally starting to remember, it's been almost 3 months and it's time to change it again!

Plus, no one believes that there were once 5 1/4 inch floppy disks except me. I'm telling you they were really here!

Hahaha they don't believe me either. I did my university work on those.

My son also doesn't believe that there weren't DVD players ,ATM machines, VHS machine's ,CDs.

kids these days don't believe there weren't cellphones and e-mail either....like how did you get hold of each other? well you wrote a letter! and in my case, i had a foreign pen-pal, and had to wait at least two weeks for a reply from her! was normal back then, can you imagine that now?

Archived