Long distance break up make up stories

Lalaland77

My boyfriend and I were together for three years (long distance for the past year+) when a large array of problems came up in our relationship. I wanted to stay and work through them, he was overwhelmed and wanted to take a break. The break didn't work out, and he ended the relationship, saying he still loved me and was in love with me, but needed time to be alone, wanted to experience online dating, and needed a fresh start for our relationship to work out long-term. It was incredibly hurtful, my first real heartbreak.

We didn't speak for two months, I was the one who told him I couldn't talk to him anymore. I think giving him that space was key. I didn't implement "NC" by blocking him on anything or counting the days, but it was so hard not contacting him. He online dated, I online dated, he didn't end up seeing anyone more than one time/didn't get intimate with anyone, whereas I started to enter into a new relationship. I sent him an email once about a really shocking article pertinent to our academic field, which lead to a brief conversation where he said he wasn't ready to talk, so I went back to giving him total space. About two weeks later he emailed me asking if I wanted to Skype, and I told him to wait another week.

Then we Skyped. Started talking again. I realized I had enormous feelings left for him so I ended the new relationship because it wasn't fair to the new person or the ex. We skyped and texted for the next month or so, I ended up confessing my feelings for him, and he made plans to come up and spend a weekend. Spent a weekend, it was amazing, we were both very happy. We planned another weekend and I spent it in his city. We're dating exclusively now and are back on the road to getting completely back together. I don't know how it will ultimately end up, but getting back together long distance is possible. The only way it works, however, is when both people want the same thing, and you can never force that.

Archived