So my ex and I have been broken up for over a year. We speak almost everyday and we spend a lot of time together with the kids. I cheated on her and she left. I have been to counseling to deal with my issues. Our communication is good. We haven't had any arguments since the break. But every time that I bring up reconciliation she just says that she's still angry and that I'm just looking for reassurance. What does she mean by that? I love her with all me heart and I spend a lot of time with her and the kids. I have shown her my commitment to making it work. She has me confused. Any ideas to what she might mean or may be thinking?

It means that she is still very angry at you for cheating on her and that she doesn't trust you. She may feel that the changes you have been making are based on selfish motives such us avoiding loneliness/consequences rather than on real repentance. It definitely means that more time is needed to show whether what you broke can be put back together. Cheating is utter betrayal. Not everyone can get over it.

Archived