A little background: I'm a slightly Asperger's 24 year old male. I've had really bad luck with establishing any sort of relationships I've been rejected numerous times, had random circumstances get in the way and got catfished when I was younger despite the adversity I'm finally starting to get a little more self-confidence.

I've been using tinder for a little while now and it hasn't really yielded anything other than one hook-up and a couple awkward dates. Last week I began talking to this girl and her and I have very similar interests, have a mutual attraction to eachother and have already discussed a potential first date/other plans . Unfortunately she just went home (about 200 miles away) until January and while 2-3 weeks might be a relatively short time but having to maintain communication without face-to-face interaction makes me uneasy. We have talked everyday for a little over a week but the conversation seems to be going a little stagnant. I don't really find many women I'm very compatible with and I'm kind of concerned that I'll either be too pushy with trying to talk and weird her out or I'll stay out of touch too long and nothing will happen.

How about just keeping in touch every few days? Ask her if she is ok with that.

That way you will have things to chat about, but not be 24/7 with each other.

The connection should still be there.

Good luck

Thank you that sounds like a practical approach. I'll just try to keep anxiety in check in between.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived