Started this online dating experiment and it appears that women respond more to

tarrel

I was thinking most females wanted to see a guy with a little edge which is a serious pic. I seem to be getting messages with all pleasant pics so I will stick to those types of photos for now on. Especially since I have not been on a date since August. lol

As long as you are getting responses, i don't see what the big deal is (to be completely honest). lol. Serious vs. smile. Just have a good mix of both types of photos. Don't they allow more than 1 picture anyways?

As long as you are getting responses, i don't see what the big deal is (to be completely honest). lol. Serious vs. smile. Just have a good mix of both types of photos. Don't they allow more than 1 picture anyways?

Yeah but when I did the mix it didn't seem to work. Seems like all pleasant works better and got messages from nice looking women.

a guy who is smiling in his primary photo versus a serious look. I noticed when I had pictures of me with a serious look I never got a reply back or any views. But when I added pics of me smiling I guess it gives off a more positive vibe and now I have been getting so many I wanna meet you alerts and messages since changing my pics. So now I will make sure to have all pleasant looking pics instead of me trying to look cool. lol

I am a sucker for a great smile....

If I see serious photos of a guy, I assume he is strange and also probably too into himself. I like a happy, funny guy so seeing a smile picture makes me feel at ease that this man is a kind person, hopefully. No smile picture, and I feel like he could be nuts, boring and far too serious so I don't even give it a chance. That's just what I like, but most other women I know do too. We have agreed that serious pics, and even worse, serious selfies, give off an egotistical jerk vibe. And by the way, whoever said okcupid rated serious pics as best, don't take advice from okcupid...that site rarely has successful relationships. Most relationships end up at the funny farm.... and over.

OK Cupid was caught manipulating data and it was even admitted by their CEO.

They were messing with matches and all kinds of stuff doing testing but never told members. I really wouldn't trust any dating sites data.

I think what ever works for you is what you should do.

If I am looking for a good surgeon to operate on me I probably want a serious looking smart person not some guy/girl holding a huge drink with glassy eyes and a huge smile but on a dating profile a smile is nice.

I was looking at profiles and kept coming back to the same woman that was very pretty but out of 7 pics not one smile. I kept wondering "what is wrong with her teeth?"

If a smile works then smile it up! Good to hear you are having some success.

Lost

OK Cupid disagrees.They looked at their data and found serious photos for men did better. Google it. I can't remember where I found it. I've tried both. Doesn't seem to mattter.
If I see serious photos of a guy, I assume he is strange and also probably too into himself. I like a happy, funny guy so seeing a smile picture makes me feel at ease that this man is a kind person, hopefully. No smile picture, and I feel like he could be nuts, boring and far too serious so I don't even give it a chance. That's just what I like, but most other women I know do too. We have agreed that serious pics, and even worse, serious selfies, give off an egotistical jerk vibe. And by the way, whoever said okcupid rated serious pics as best, don't take advice from okcupid...that site rarely has successful relationships. Most relationships end up at the funny farm.... and over.

You should read it before commenting. It is interesting. Then if you can refute their research feel free to cite your sources. Your simple dismissal isn't very convincing.

Archived