Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

In the Spotlight: imsuperman

Capricorn3

Yes! Something to do in my down time the next few days

* I was very shy in my younger days. I think I joined trying to start a coversation with some woman. ENA kept popping up in Google. I joined, found it to be a fairly down to Eath place, and stayed.

* Explaining my job is kind of...involved. I have two official titles: Information Coordinator and Information Developer for a good-sized software company. I drive the workload of every technical support analyst, and hand distribute their work by email daily based on their current workload, what their managers, my manager, and our director would like to see happen, and the daily schedule. We are exploring options to automate this job to free me up for the technical writing and editing aspect of my job, but it is very difficult to remove the human element as of now. The other thing I do is compose and edit technical documents which our staff use. The goal is to eventually make these documents available to our users within the next year or two.

The people I work with our extremely smart. Some have been with the company in some capacity since before I was born.

* My younger sister will be 27 one month from today.

* I enjoy fintess and sports (I worked in some element of fitness for about eight years), movies, video games, and reading.

Superman!

What's your favorite meal to cook at home, and your favorite meal to order out?

I should start quoting these.

I'm very simplistic with food. I'm not super patient so I don't usually end up spending more than 15 to 30 minutes on prepping a meal. My base food is chicken. I can have anything on it. Lemon pepper, hot sauce, ranch, bbq sauce. Last week I just grilled some and put crushed red pepper on it.

Cooking is something I would like to get better at though.

What's the most ridiculous excuse you've ever used for missing school/work?

I don't really have any non-legit excuse stories for those. I was untruthful only once ever, calling in sick at my previous job to do a college stats assignment online in Math XL. It ended up being a dumb decision, because I did the wrong assignment. Because of course I did.

* Name one thing about yourself which you really don't like (if any).

* Name one thing which you are really proud of.

* What really really gets your blood boiling?

* If there was one ting you could change about yourself, what would it be?

* I wish I were more personable/charming. But a lot of that would require patience, which has never been my strong suit. I'm doing a lot better now than when I was in my teens and early twenties. I'm not a very charming guy I feel like, you know? I would like to be charming.

* I would say just getting my career in the business world off the ground finally. It was a long, strange trip. I had doubters and doubts. But I kept grinding away and it eventually happened. I was the first person in my extended family to get any kind of college degree.

* There are bigger problems of equality etc here and abroad, but just day to day I would say just general rudeness. I dislike little things like someone just smiling like a weirdo or totally ignoring me when I speak. Not saying thank you, when I hold the door or whatever. It's just an impersonal time wer'e living in.

Quick story that illustrates this: Yesterday I went into a gas station to get a sports drink. There were two folks ahead of me in the check out line buying lottery tickets, and they were both taking a minute in separate lines. So one line finally comes open, and out of nowehere some dude bursts through the door and dashes to the open line to pay for gas. I turned around, set my drink on a sunglasses display case, and left. Not only was the guy ditching me in line rude, the cashier ignoring me after he did was also rude. I'm not ill-tempered, but that sort of thing REALLY gets on my nerves.

* I would want a do-over on the years 2005 to 2011. During this time, it took me four years to get a two year degree (partly my fault, partly the institution's) and then instead of going right for a four year degree I just worked and didn't go to school from 09 until 2011.

Superman, the little I know of you, you seem charming enough.

* You have just won a million dollars. How will you spend it?

* What's the most exciting thing you have ever done?

* Scuba diving, or hot air balloon?

* Are there any goals you'd like to reach before you die?

* What would the ultimate dream come true?

If you had one month to live what would you do with the last days you have on earth?

Do you prefer tea or coffee?

What are your deal breakers?

What kind of music do you like ?

I would just blow my money and travel around. Europe. The west coast. New York. Anywhere.

Coffee. I didn't start drinking coffee until about four years ago and now I'm obsessed. I try to keep it at one to two cups a day. I always take it black.

In the opposite sex, I would say people who have an inactive lifestyle. My life has kind of become centered on my personal health and my career goals, so I wouldn't get along with someone who thought these things meant I wasn't capable of caring for anyone other than myself.

Rock first and foremost. I was raised on a blend of classic rock and modern rock. I can listen to anything except modern country though. I sing Adele's new song in the car

Superman, the little I know of you, you seem charming enough.

* You have just won a million dollars. How will you spend it?

* What's the most exciting thing you have ever done?

* Scuba diving, or hot air balloon?

* Are there any goals you'd like to reach before you die?

* What would the ultimate dream come true?

Ha, thanks. It's probably just online

*I would get my parents a single-floor house wherever they wanted so I wouldn't worry about them falling down the stairs as they get older and give them enough so my dad could retire. And my mom would probably also like to go away to a warm locale for the winter. Make sure my nephew is taken care of. Pay off my student loans.

* Hmm, tough question. It's hard to explain, but I think the most exciting thing has just been the person I became once I matured and was able to kind of discover myself. That's still an ongoing thing for me, but I think that having more of an identity, more of a sense of, "OK, this is who I am. I'm capable." is very exciting. Just from a self-confidence perspective, it's night and day from even like two years ago.

* Scuba diving. I get vertigo for a little bit even if I sit high in stadiums or arenas.

* I don't have any personal milestones other than advancing in what I have knowledge in. I guess I want to be remembered like my family remembers my grandpa: with a smile.

* I'm not sure, but it probably involves a pretty woman and a supercharged Mustang.

* Any plans of getting married in the future, or prefer being single?

* Fav movie of all time?

* What was your favorite childhood toy?

* I hope I will eventually find a wife. I'm not even dating right now, but would if the situation were right. It's more of an opportunity thing. I go to work, then either go to the gym then go home and crash, or just go home and crash. I'm kind of against online dating because it seems like it would carry a low percentage of success.

* Hmmm, I have a good number of favorites. No Country for Old Men or the original Alien (1979) are probably contending for the top spot.

* Probably my Batman Forever Batmobile. This one.

* Would you consider yourself an optimist, or a pessimist?

I'm an optimist. People don't like being around people who are negative all the time.

Stephen King wrote of one of his characters, “...he had observed that things turned out right a ridiculous amount of the time.”

I think that's pretty true.

Archived