Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

How can a cold last a month???!!! I know it's because my immune system is compromised which is why I not only have a cold but horrible, painful mouth sores. My job requires me to speak and I can't right now, so I am home today missing work which is definitely NOT ok. Knowing it will take another week for the mouth sores to heal is depressing (literally). I'm in a funk.

How can a cold last a month???!!! I know it's because my immune system is compromised which is why I not only have a cold but horrible, painful mouth sores. My job requires me to speak and I can't right now, so I am home today missing work which is definitely NOT ok. Knowing it will take another week for the mouth sores to heal is depressing (literally). I'm in a funk.

I hope you feel much better soon!!

How frustrating, bolt! I hope you feel better very soon!

Are you able to eat at least?

Thank you!

I can eat if I apply some numbing liquid. It only lasts about 10 minutes but I can usually throw down a quick meal in 10 minutes. Drinking anything hurts, so trying to stay hydrated has been difficult.

So let's see -a couple of things with maybe a similar theme.

People who organize fundraisers/ask for donations but make it difficult to actually use the site/link. I give to a lot of different causes and organizations and if it's one that's not a top priority for me and the site/link malfunctions, I'll give it one more shot - email the person, etc but then I'm done and no I don't want to hear back a long time later that it's now fixed because by then I've likely earmarked my funds elsewhere and if it's for an individual well it makes me wonder how bad the $ are needed.

People who overstep limits after you do the favor of making an introduction. Latest example. A facebook friend (we have many mutual friends who I know in person just haven't met her yet) who went off the radar/MIA for a long time after we were trying to arrange to meet texted me that she'd written a children's book (no she is not in that field at all) and by some chance might I have connections to a potential publisher. Because I'm too much of a sucker for this kind of thing I messaged a friend of mine, who then (!) told me to have my friend email her boss who also does the children's book end of things. My friend asked me whether I wanted to be included on the emails. I absolutely did not -told my connection that I just wanted to make the connection and walk away. So I did.

A few weeks later - with "I totally understand if you cannot do this" the writer texted me that she hadn't heard back, was obsessively checking her email and I could I reach out again to see how long she should expect to wait to hear. She's an adult, a mom, married to a professional. Does she not know how competitive this field is? That she's so lucky she got this connection and hearing back is not at all guaranteed? I waffled a bit and then took the direct route "no I am not comfortable". My husband said that her disclaimer "totally understand if you can't" took it out of the realm of rude. OK but still annoying. No way would I ask someone who went out of her way to reach out yet again. Even if I was nervous/anxious. I was in this situation a lot with people who referred me to connections when I was job hunting a couple of years ago and I assumed that their role was just to cyber-introduce us then buh bye.

Hope you're all having non-annoying days! My husband arrived home from his last of about 7 business trips in the last few months via red eye early this morning and I officially ended my 2 days or so of solo-parenting about two hours later. Not sure who's more fried/tired/disoriented. No more trips for at least a few months. Annoyance triggers should decrease.

So let's see -a couple of things with maybe a similar theme.

People who organize fundraisers/ask for donations but make it difficult to actually use the site/link. I give to a lot of different causes and organizations and if it's one that's not a top priority for me and the site/link malfunctions, I'll give it one more shot - email the person, etc but then I'm done and no I don't want to hear back a long time later that it's now fixed because by then I've likely earmarked my funds elsewhere and if it's for an individual well it makes me wonder how bad the $ are needed.

People who overstep limits after you do the favor of making an introduction. Latest example. A facebook friend (we have many mutual friends who I know in person just haven't met her yet) who went off the radar/MIA for a long time after we were trying to arrange to meet texted me that she'd written a children's book (no she is not in that field at all) and by some chance might I have connections to a potential publisher. Because I'm too much of a sucker for this kind of thing I messaged a friend of mine, who then (!) told me to have my friend email her boss who also does the children's book end of things. My friend asked me whether I wanted to be included on the emails. I absolutely did not -told my connection that I just wanted to make the connection and walk away. So I did.

A few weeks later - with "I totally understand if you cannot do this" the writer texted me that she hadn't heard back, was obsessively checking her email and I could I reach out again to see how long she should expect to wait to hear. She's an adult, a mom, married to a professional. Does she not know how competitive this field is? That she's so lucky she got this connection and hearing back is not at all guaranteed? I waffled a bit and then took the direct route "no I am not comfortable". My husband said that her disclaimer "totally understand if you can't" took it out of the realm of rude. OK but still annoying. No way would I ask someone who went out of her way to reach out yet again. Even if I was nervous/anxious. I was in this situation a lot with people who referred me to connections when I was job hunting a couple of years ago and I assumed that their role was just to cyber-introduce us then buh bye.

Hope you're all having non-annoying days! My husband arrived home from his last of about 7 business trips in the last few months via red eye early this morning and I officially ended my 2 days or so of solo-parenting about two hours later. Not sure who's more fried/tired/disoriented. No more trips for at least a few months. Annoyance triggers should decrease.

Batya having a hard time trying to be a perfect Mommy? RELAX.. you're doing wonderfully! Don't:smug: let the morons get you down

Batya having a hard time trying to be a perfect Mommy? RELAX.. you're doing wonderfully! Don't:smug: let the morons get you down

Well not in these situations - often the donation requests come through school or various Facebook mom groups but not really mom related. The acquaintance who asked for a business connection is a mom but my issue had nothing to do with either of us being a mom. I go for "good enough" mom - I tend towards perfectionism and fight that tendency. But yes the solo parenting particularly the last few months has been really challenging. I totally signed up for it though and knew what was coming -and that does help!

A few weeks later - with "I totally understand if you cannot do this" the writer texted me that she hadn't heard back, was obsessively checking her email and I could I reach out again to see how long she should expect to wait to hear. She's an adult, a mom, married to a professional. Does she not know how competitive this field is? That she's so lucky she got this connection and hearing back is not at all guaranteed? I waffled a bit and then took the direct route "no I am not comfortable".

I think in this case, you can even say something to your friend like, "I think YOU need to follow up on this YOURSELF." Seriously, her career is not going to go anywhere if she continues to be passive.

I think in this case, you can even say something to your friend like, "I think YOU need to follow up on this YOURSELF." Seriously, her career is not going to go anywhere if she continues to be passive.

Well I think in this case she didn't want to nudge the person but you know -you are right - she wanted me to ask my connection (not the person who received the book) how long a response takes. Nope. It's not even her career -it's an idea she had for a book, she's never written one before, and now she wants to shop it around.

(It's kind of like the related thing where I send someone contact info for a referral they've asked for or a product referral and the response is whether I can send the website link. No...... google it yourself)

People at work who seem to think I'm there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I get messages on Saturday night at 10:30 pm, Sunday morning at 6:30 am, weekdays any time including 2 am and 11 pm. They act shocked and offended that I don't answer. They don't live there, why do they think I do???

People at work who seem to think I'm there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I get messages on Saturday night at 10:30 pm, Sunday morning at 6:30 am, weekdays any time including 2 am and 11 pm. They act shocked and offended that I don't answer. They don't live there, why do they think I do???

Right?

I had a mom text me at 7 AM on a Sunday to ask about a sippy cup. Wth buy a new one. As it turned out it was in hubby’s car. 😡