Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

video game lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

Lol I'm THIS close to hitting level 60 in Fallout. My brother got me the art book, a bottle of Nuka Cola and the art book for the game (I got HIM the art book too, lol). My best friend got the game for Christmas and is hooked. I have to put it down for a bit because I'm getting burned out again. I've got about 130 stimpaks (they're all over the place, I never had to buy a single one). My key is to pick up ALL the ammo I find, since it weighs nothing and is good for selling/trading. I still have to play New Vegas. But that's why I got Elder Scrolls Online.

I play as a sneaky wood elf archer all the time, lol! That's what I chose this time around too, except when creating my character, the height seems to be off, so mine is sort of midget-like. I hear ya on the quest thing, but if you face the direction of the quest icon at the top, it will tell you what quest you're heading towards. You can also cycle the quests by pressing right on the d-pad.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol I'm THIS close to hitting level 60 in Fallout. My brother got me the art book, a bottle of Nuka Cola and the art book for the game (I got HIM the art book too, lol). My best friend got the game for Christmas and is hooked. I have to put it down for a bit because I'm getting burned out again. I've got about 130 stimpaks (they're all over the place, I never had to buy a single one). My key is to pick up ALL the ammo I find, since it weighs nothing and is good for selling/trading. I still have to play New Vegas. But that's why I got Elder Scrolls Online.

I play as a sneaky wood elf archer all the time, lol! That's what I chose this time around too, except when creating my character, the height seems to be off, so mine is sort of midget-like. I hear ya on the quest thing, but if you face the direction of the quest icon at the top, it will tell you what quest you're heading towards. You can also cycle the quests by pressing right on the d-pad.

I have nearly 200 Stimpaks, so I hardly pick up any food or anything anymore, even though I generally enjoy using the cooking pit. I pick up all the ammo, too! I always sell all the shotgun and flamer ammo, since I never use those; I pretty much only use 10 mm, .45 and one or two other weapons (can't remember the ammo though).

I didn't want to play as an Argonian (they are my least favorite character, as they are the least customizable), but they get bonuses to healing and spell-use, so it would have been stupid not to. You can create up to 8 characters, though, so maybe I'll make a sneaky lady Wood Elf archer as my secondary!

I have nearly 200 Stimpaks, so I hardly pick up any food or anything anymore, even though I generally enjoy using the cooking pit. I pick up all the ammo, too! I always sell all the shotgun and flamer ammo, since I never use those; I pretty much only use 10 mm, .45 and one or two other weapons (can't remember the ammo though).

I didn't want to play as an Argonian (they are my least favorite character, as they are the least customizable), but they get bonuses to healing and spell-use, so it would have been stupid not to. You can create up to 8 characters, though, so maybe I'll make a sneaky lady Wood Elf archer as my secondary!

Man, I have like single digit stimpaks.

How do you not find any?

I think one place I generally find them the most is in bathrooms, especially in public buildings. There's usually a first aid kit in bathrooms that has a stimpak or two in it.

The problem is when I go wandering I run into too many enemies to deal with. I need some more of those Brotherhood signal grenades because calling them for air support has helped a few times. And I always have less than 400 caps on me and they cost 125 per at Diamond City.

I guess I should wear the power armor. I don't enjoy it though because one power cell only lasts like one quest.

Some item rationing games I do well with, and some I don't.

Do you have any barter perks that gives you better prices at female (or male, depending on what sex you play as) vendors, or any items that you can make that'll make bartering better for some time?

I didn't use the Power Armor in the beginning - but after awhile, and as you progress, it just becomes silly not to use it. I wonder if they made it that way. I still sneak all the time and it doesn't seem to effect it overly much; the only time I can really tell when my sneak isn't as good with/without the Armor is when Synths are around.

Yeah basically tonight I just shot folks and took their stuff lol. I wandered into one small town and happened on a band of armored raiders including a legendary. Luckily, the Brotherhood came in right then and iced most of them while I took postshots with my sniper rifle from cover. Once they were done I stole all their stuff and sold what I didn't want to keep. Then some raiders were fighting some scavengers in a little neighborhood, and I got about six more there.

I'm feeling a lot better now that I'm getting some supplies. I even bought a couple of Radaways and still have one left.

I literally hit a legendary every playthrough. THE most valuable piece I got from one was a chameleon chest piece, and that was from my very first legendary around level 5-6. I still wear it at level 59. Any other legendary equipment I've sold for some good caps. What level are you at?

Archived