Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

video game lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

Went to Best Buy, had Just Cause in hand, then put it down and left. I want to play it so badly but have heard the load times suck and it's not all that interesting. Maybe I'll hop back to Witcher 3.

Found a pyramid in Fallout 4 last night. Not sure what its purpose is, though. There are a LOT of nukes in there (full size, not the kind you can pick up)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Far southwest, past the dotted line on the map. You need a hazmat suit or power armor to get there.

Found it last night. What a pain in the butt to get to! It's interesting that they let you go beyond the borders of the map and even make the main quest take you all the way out there, too.

Nothing of interest, though. There were 3 Legendary Ghouls in there for me, but they didn't drop anything worthwhile. Although I did jump a couple times when they rushed around corners at me. And I was low in materials needed to upgrade my Power Armor, and picked up a bunch in there, so it wasn't a wasted trip. I did the main quest line after that and got to the part of needing to find Virgil, so I'm really glad I took the time to go to the pyramid first.

One thing I've found that makes building up your settlements worthwhile: putting a settler on a scrap workbench on each settlement. Check back at your main workbench every once in awhile and they will have gathered materials for you! I'm always running short of aluminum and adhesive, and by the time I check 2-3 of my settlements, I have enough to upgrade most of my things.

One thing I've found that makes building up your settlements worthwhile: putting a settler on a scrap workbench on each settlement. Check back at your main workbench every once in awhile and they will have gathered materials for you! I'm always running short of aluminum and adhesive, and by the time I check 2-3 of my settlements, I have enough to upgrade most of my things.

Oh, I gotta try that. I usually just make a guard post and throw someone there and say "Good luck, I'm out" lol

^ Awesome! I have one I picked up at Walmart. It had been previously opened and they wanted like 70 bucks for it. Still have it almost 2 years later, not a thing wrong with it. It has one of those connectors at the end that works for any console. I used it back when I had an Xbox 360 and I use it for my PS3 and now my PS4.

Loooove Destiny - but I play with a team and it's far more fun that way. If you don't play with friends, I don't think you'll get much out of it. The game really only begins after completing the main questline and reaching level 20 (the old 'max' level - I think the new one is level 40 now).

That being said, there's a forum out there for solo players looking to join up with other randoms with the intent on completing the stuff that requires more than one person. I've met at least 3 people this way that we now play with regularly. A husband and wife and another guy that just had a baby with his wife. So now, the people I know IRL and I have added to our friend circle and we've become great friends. We send each other holiday cards and gifts, too. You never know who you'll meet!

They have special events that happen as well to keep it interesting. Holiday events etc. And if you've played Halo, they have PvP matchmaking as well - regular, plus an event occasionally called "Iron Banner" where player level matters and so does skill level. Normally, everyone's level and gun skill evens out so that new players and old are balanced. But the Iron Banner gives those that have played forever the chance to really shine because levels and skills are completely relevant.

Anyway, I sound like a cheerleader for the game. It really is fantastic, if you are into that sort of game. The main storyline is pretty good, but the DLC is what really makes this game. Those stories are even better.

EDIT: completely misread your post. Sounds like you have it already. Disregard!

Lol welllllll I do and I don't have it. When I was with my ex, one of her sons LOVED it, so I bought it to play with him. Well, we played once and then we never seemed to be available at the same time. When I left my ex, I left some of my games there by accident, Destiny included. So I only completed a couple of missions, but didn't feel I played enough to get a feel for the game.

I do love the loot system of Borderlands so I've been told this is great if that's the case. Amazon has the full version with DLC for only $40.

Level 33 in Fallout 4 now. Progressed in the main story and did the Freedom Railroad side quest at the same time (or part of it). It sort of conflicts with the Brotherhood sidequests, because I already aligned with 'destroying any and all synths' and yet the Railroad wants you to help them. I took a chance and admitted I wouldn't risk my life for a synth and Desdemona didn't throw me out, thankfully. Also was still approached by Deacon to be apart of it, which surprised me. I sort of have a video game crush on him, admittedly!

Finding myself getting burnt out, though. I'm thinking of switching over to my PS3 and taking up Reckoning: Kingdom of Amalur again. Another game like Fallout, but moreso like Skyrim because it's fantasy-based. It was developed in collaboration with R.A. Salvatore.

Archived