Open Club  ·  45 members

Off Topic

The Rose and Crown ...

pippy longstocking

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have slight differences from east to west but I wouldn't say they are incredibly noticeable. The only accent which is superstrong and easily distinguishable are the Newfoundlanders. Nobody knows what they are saying but other Newfoundlanders... Lol

Northern québécois and I mean far North of Quebec city are hard to understand even if you are fluent with Molières tongue.

I know! lol. Trouble is you are on the opposite end of where I'm going. Seattle (doesn't snow there, or very little) and then west coast of Canada. Boston is east, right? I've experinced plenty of snow on my last trip, always looks great, can be fun, but it's the COLD that gets to me. eeeeeeeep!

Awwww it is too bad you will be so far away.

Okay. By the way what do You think Quebecer sounds like when speaking English? Just like French from France or is it different...?

Yeah, I was talking to my husband and he said yes absolutely Québécois speaking English and someone from France speaking English they sound very very different.

The Rose and Crown doesn't care what you sound like....as long as it is authentic.

So no fake accents... well dang there goes my whole performance. Haha

American accents have always fascinated me, granted I'm from the Midwest and grew up in the South; but regional accents vary widely. Some like the Appalachian Mountain Mumble can be bewildering.

So no fake accents... well dang there goes my whole performance. Haha

American accents have always fascinated me, granted I'm from the Midwest and grew up in the South; but regional accents vary widely. Some like the Appalachian Mountain Mumble can be bewildering.

It's really amazing the variety of different accents in the south.,you take somebody from Virgina and they sound completely different from somebody in Alabama. Everybody says my accent is pretty strong.

oh now I just realised you all speak in a yorkshire accent hahahah as I was reading your posts it was obviously in yorkshire .. I would love ot hear all your real accents .. especially the "yes ma'am" people ...oh that makes my knees go weak hehe I dont actually know if any of you none uk know what a yorkshire accent is or if you presume we all talk like the queen haha .

cap if you are reading this ...what is a froum supporter ..I have seen this a couple of times now ..their name *forum supporter* is in a different colour it is baffling my morning head .

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cap I have found the advert ..oh my god you and your hubby are going to crease when you see this ...

]

LMAO!! omg, that totally made my day (night)!! I needed that laugh, lol. It's so funny because it's so true, lol. I've been to the UK many times and sorry for saying this, but yes, you guys really do have crappy weather, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived