Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Mascara for super allergic eyes

Seraphim

I used to use Clinique High Impact, but then I found something on Amazon, a cheapy. There was a 2 dollar coupon once and some other discount, so I figured okay it's 1.50 if I don't like it, but I love it and wish I had bought more that cheap. It is basically a 6ish dollar tube normal price, it's CoverGirl's Lashblast Volume. I've fallen asleep with it on, plus my contacts and no irritation whatsoever.

Have you tried Clinique's mascaras? That was the reason I started using their line to begin with.

There's another one my aunt uses, it's called Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart. I've never tried it so I can't speak on it.

Are you sure it's not the makeup remover you're using? Because I've had mascaras not irritate me at all all day, then I take it off with a remover and I have crusty eyes for days.

Have you tried Clinique's mascaras? That was the reason I started using their line to begin with.

There's another one my aunt uses, it's called Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart. I've never tried it so I can't speak on it.

Are you sure it's not the makeup remover you're using? Because I've had mascaras not irritate me at all all day, then I take it off with a remover and I have crusty eyes for days.

I haven't tried Clinique, no. I think they sell that at Sears ,right? There is a Sears in the next town over. But if I want to buy Dior I have to go a couple hours away because I believe they are only sold by The Bay. Or does Amazon carry that stuff?I I I know my husband deals a lot with Amazon ,but I don't.

Yes, they have it at Sears in Canada. Sometimes they have bonus times, you might want to check(like free gift with X amount purchase).

You can probably find Dior on Amazon, too. Just be careful to check the prices that it hasn't been insanely hiked up in comparison to how much you would buy it for in store.

DiorShow is the BOMB! Try that. If not, you might want to consider eyelash extensions. Then you have no need for mascara.

Also what about Latisse? It'll give you a full set of natural eyelashes within 16 weeks, and you won't need mascara for that either.

DiorShow is the BOMB! Try that. If not, you might want to consider eyelash extensions. Then you have no need for mascara.

Also what about Latisse? It'll give you a full set of natural eyelashes within 16 weeks, and you won't need mascara for that either.

I love Dior Show. That is what I used to buy.

Almay has a mascara for sensitive eyes. Check out link removed.

Also I have always used cover girl and right now they have a mascara called Cover Girl Long & Luscious waterproof mascara. It really lasts, i can go swimming with it, and it works great with my sensitive eyes. You should try it.

I can't wear cover girl anything too allergic to it. Waterproof seems to be the worst for me.

I can manage to wear Dr. Hauschka's Mascara sometimes and theBalm mascara both for several hours with no irritation. Tarte and Clinique were both a no-go for me completely. Ditto Josie Maran, I thought I could, but I can't.

I will now wear mascara strictly only for an event or special occasion or I do a smattering of those single strand false eyelashes, the glue doesn't irritate me nearly as much. And I use the Norwex makeup remover face cloths to get everything off or yep the next day I wake up with my eyes swollen no matter how well I clean the makeup off. Nothing takes it all off like those face cloths do. Expensive yes, but it beats the heck out of going back to my doctor who throws his hands up to yell "Another eye infection? Did I not tell you to stop it with the makeup already?"

It sugs. I suppose for me it's payback for all the years I went through black eye pencils at the rate of several a month lining my eyes for that cat/smokey look.

Anyways try those brands and see if it helps. Also if you can get access to a Sephora store you can try on makeup there and see what might work or not work.

I have sensitive eyes too, Victoria but more when it comes to eyeliner not mascara so I only use Clinique or Almay liners and I only use Almays Oil Free Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads... the mascaras I use and don't ever seem to bother my eyes are.. Bare Minerals Lash Domination Volumizing mascara ( for high end ) and for drugstore I use Maybelline's The Rocket and Lash Sensational ones.

Archived