Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

swilli89

I was unprepared when I started my job. I thought I would be a basic secretary. Answer phones, schedule appointments, place orders, write checks, receive bills, etc. I did not know that I would be responsible for payroll and all that comes with it. I can figure out weekly payroll. Calculate wages, write checks, pay necessary weekly taxes, etc. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to pay the other taxes associated with it. It is one of the most frustrating things in my life. When I come to work and have to pay those taxes, a giant knot in my stomach forms and I feel like I'm going to throw up. And to make matters worse, the boss won't let me call the accountants assistant for help because they charge too much...What to do? I signed myself up for a class that teaches me how to use our payroll program and teaches me how to go about paying those taxes. Seems easy enough...just hoping it works!

I am going to Texas this weekend to visit my boyfriend. Sort of spur of the moment, but he didn't know I was coming until this morning when I surprised him with the news. He was so excited! It makes me feel so much better when I can see him happy. Sometimes when we are both down in the dumps about one thing or another we forget how happy we are with each other. Though the long distance relationship thing sucks, its worth it because we know in just a few months, we will be together. And, until then we just make weekend visits!

Archived