benign tumour in my brain

sara-pezzini

Aww thank you!! Yes if only the pain stays away, the rest i can deal with! I'm still scared it'll come back one day, wonder if that fear ever goes away, i think with this pain sadly it won't....

But for now I'm happy again, really happy, and i haven't been in years!

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i hear you... It is so hard to get rid of this pain and so hopeless in so many cases, i was a member of a tn group on Facebook, found some great support and friends there but the messages were becoming too depressing and scary and i left the group last week, with every message of pain and meds and surgeries everything came back to me, so for my own peace of mind i left.

But it is so rare to find a cure!

• 2 months later...

Had another MRI at the hospital today after a year, and the tumor has shrunk another 2.4 mm! And that is a lot for this tumor in a year, even the doctor was surprised, in total it now has shrunk 6 mm in the 3.5 years since the radiation, and that is a lot!

I'm doing so well that the doctor asked me if i dared to stay away for 2 years now, which is something we hadn't previously discussed or considered,i was going to have to get annual checks for the rest of my life, but now because I'm doing so well i get to stay away 2 years!!!

Wootwoot major party over here!!!! And he was so happy himself as well!

Been almost 20 months now, the second surgery and I've been free from pain ever since and even the fear of the pain is fading into the background a bit! Never thought that was possible

Yayyy!!!!!

Thank you!! I'm extremely happy!

Though they had also found hpv last year and now my papsmear was not good, check with the gynaecologist showed it needs to be removed, they'll do that next week, they will burn the affected tissue away, so that's still scary, but today I'm happy with this news!!

Thank you! To have been free from this pain is still amazing, I'm so fortunate cause most are not this lucky! Which is also a great success for the doctor who is about to retire, I'm sure he has seen his share of pain and desperation, he was also very happy that the pain is really gone