benign tumour in my brain

sara-pezzini

I'm very happy!!

Just wish all the effects of going down those meds would stop, every day diarrhoea, headaches, shaking, dizzy sometimes and i also took of the med that i had to protect my stomach, resulting in very bad acid reflux, that last one makes sure there is less acid fluid in the stomach but as soon as you quit the stomach makes more and more acid to compensate, should last for 2 to 3 weeks before its back to normal but this is terribly uncomfortable! But i have to go through it, want to be free from all meds, including that one.....

Been a week now so another 1 or 2 weeks of this!

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Yes it did, i used probiotics to restore the healthy bacteria in my intestines and after a week the diarrhoea was finally gone!! the heartburn is still there but less so that is improving as well....

I'm learning to sleep on my own again and i feel the fog is lifting!

3.5 weeks without meds and no pain!!

I'm doing some exercises now for my stamina and my back, the muscles in my back are very weak so I'm trying to make them stronger again and then i can start to go back to work again.... slowly of course!

But all is well!

I just replied to the thread but it was removed while i posted but that was awful! Trolls and jokes are funny but when they go after you personally it's not fun anymore and crosses a line?

When he attacks you he attacks me as well! I'm pissed that he took it that far for no reason!

Hi! Yes it did, i used probiotics to restore the healthy bacteria in my intestines and after a week the diarrhoea was finally gone!! the heartburn is still there but less so that is improving as well....

I'm learning to sleep on my own again and i feel the fog is lifting!

3.5 weeks without meds and no pain!!

I'm doing some exercises now for my stamina and my back, the muscles in my back are very weak so I'm trying to make them stronger again and then i can start to go back to work again.... slowly of course!

But all is well!

I just replied to the thread but it was removed while i posted but that was awful! Trolls and jokes are funny but when they go after you personally it's not fun anymore and crosses a line?

When he attacks you he attacks me as well! I'm pissed that he took it that far for no reason!

Awwww thanks sweetheart. I am glad you are doing much better! Yeah,sadly there are jerks everywhere. I am pretty tough though.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been one year today that i had my first brain surgery....

This time last year i was just under anaesthesia.....

After all the setbacks and surgery postponed and months of extreme dizziness it was finally happening and i was very nervous but also hopeful.

Good thing i didn't know at the time that it wouldn't work, pain would become even worse and i needed morphine with my other meds, would be contemplating euthanasia and would need another brain surgery!

A day to remember for me....

Meanwhile the second surgery has worked, I'm free from pain since November and am now 7 weeks without my meds!

All the other issues have settled and i feel great!

Next week i will start working for one hour on Tuesday and Friday...

I'm back!!

And thank you all for the support because these were almost 4 very difficult years!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Weighed myself for the first time since the surgery and I've lost the first 5 kilos! 15 more to go.....

And i think I've gained even more from 14 November (surgerydate) till January 18th when i was free from medication but i will never know lol

But I'm happy and proud at the moment! If this goes like it has then all the medicine weight will be lost at the end of the year.... plus I'm slowly starting working again, which is a walking job so maybe that'll help even more.

Almost 10 weeks without medication and still pain free!

And the heartburn also finally settled!

All in all I'm happy!

• 3 weeks later...

May 28th is my surgery follow up mri and consult with the neurosurgeon, if all is well then, i can stay away for a whole year!!

Meanwhile still no pain! Surgery was 5 months ago yesterday and am free from pain since then and 3 months free from meds.

I will work for 16 hours this week from my usual 26 hours so another few weeks and I'm working fully again!

I have energy for everything again and I'm starting to feel like my old self again!

Bought new furniture that'll come next week, so a new start for my house as well.

The only thing caused by the surgery is a teary eye, which is caused by a dry eye and is very annoying, but of course nothing compared to TN! I have eye drops now and i think it is improving slightly, only used those since Friday so to early to tell yet......

• Like 1

No we don't have max work weeks here but i work 26 hours a week and that's enough for me!

I think we discussed last year how great it would be if we would both be free from pain and meds..... weird to think about those times now! We've been blessed!

For sure!!! It will be a year in May when I went into remission. I get the odd flare but I can totally survive it .

• 1 month later...