Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Do men do this to impress someone or...?

Helium

My older brother has this good friend and he's known to show off a lot, especially in front of females, even if it means he has to steal someone else's story or make one up out of the blue. We don't really know how his girl has stayed with him for like 4 years if he's like that but there you go, I guess his heart is in the right place.

So anyway, I was supposed to take a train to the airport the other day to meet someone, but he kept insisting that he would drive me there instead so eventually I agreed. And whilst he was driving, as usual he was talking about how he's dated models and how he's so good and amazing and that he does everything, and he was talking about taking his girl to different countries etc, so you could imagine my eye rolling, but then he started to speed at like 100 on a 70mph motorway, and i'm only a provisional driver so I know that people don't actually stick to 70, but 100? And he was trying to give me tips on driving and how to avoid fines and camera etc so I came to the conclusion that men speed to impress girls.

So is it true? Do men think that driving fast impresses a girl or something? Why would they think that? Vroom vroom

Thaaaaaaaaaanks x

+1 for what mhowe said.

Sometimes men do that because they don't like what they see inside, so they make up stories to make themselves sound better than what they perceive. Often times when "real danger" strikes, they're the first ones running. You should steer clear of these types and know that not all men are like that!

Archived