Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Looking your age

Hoagy

How many people here think they look their real age? Have people ever mistaken you for being older/younger than you really are?

I've noticed a few friends on facebook playing with a new site called link removed which guesses your age given a photograph. When I uploaded my photo it told me that I was 14 years older than I actually am! Many people who have actually met me however have mistaken me for 15-20 years younger. How can this be? It's not that long ago that I was getting asked for ID in Off Licenses (liquor stores).

I'm not going to lie awake at night worrying about it. The software is obviously wrong (although it was quite accurate with my friends) and I shall continue to believe the opinions of real people rather than a machine. Having said that, I'm not getting any younger and perhaps it would be a good idea to try some facial muscle exercises before I start resembling my father.

I constantly am told I look younger although less so in the last few years (I am 48). My take on it -I wear almost no makeup (never wore a lot but even a little helps), my face might be thinner so it shows more wrinkles/fine lines, and I do think having a baby in my 40s aged me a bit faster. I don't think I look 48 because I am slim/fit looking and I highlight/color my hair and have far fewer wrinkles than other women in my age range. I do know of several women in my age range who are quite overweight and often that ages you or betrays that you're older (or maybe it is because sometimes overweight women dress in an "older" way).

When I was young I was told I looked far older than what I was . For instance when I was 15 people mistook me for being 25 . Maybe that is just how I presented myself . Now that I'm older I am told I look younger than what I am. I am 48 and people think I am about 38.

I don't know, I'd say around my age, maybe a little older. It kind of depends. I have a naturally high hairline (as in even in elementary school I had virtually the same hairline), no balding yet. But I have kind of an old face, not wrinkly just older looking. That site had me at 35 with facial scruff and 33 without, lol.

Someone told me when I was 19 That I looked 25.

And now at 31 Im told I look 25 (when shaved though)

Not having grey hair or being bald helps though.

Same. I'm gonna be 31 soon...I'm usually told I look around 25. Earlier this year when I was in London, when I was clean shaven, some guy thought I was 23! I just laughed.

I have always been told I look younger than I actually am. Almost all the women in my family (my moms side) are like this. My mom is 50 this year and most people think shes maybe late 30s, early 40s. My grandma is almost 75 and she looks like shes still in her early 60s. Im 25 and I am constantly told I look maybe 19, 20.

It think it has alot to do with genes also, not just how you present yourself.

I'm told I look younger than my age all the time. It used to be such a curse to me, getting carded and mistaken for being underage. Now I thank my mother for those genes, she still looks about 20 years younger than she is. It's been kind of annoying to have doctors sometimes tell me, "Oh, she can't be having Alzheimer's now, she's not old enough." And then I have to whip out the card and they say, "Oh, of course." And weirdly enough she looks younger now, possibly because there's a sort of innocence to her face that wasn't there before.

The only time you really see my age is first thing in the morning, with no makeup. At that point I feel I fully look my age. Especially the crows feet from squinting into the sun. Now, how I feel many times is a whole other story...

I'm told I look younger than my age all the time. It used to be such a curse to me, getting carded and mistaken for being underage. Now I thank my mother for those genes, she still looks about 20 years younger than she is. It's been kind of annoying to have doctors sometimes tell me, "Oh, she can't be having Alzheimer's now, she's not old enough." And then I have to whip out the card and they say, "Oh, of course." And weirdly enough she looks younger now, possibly because there's a sort of innocence to her face that wasn't there before.

The only time you really see my age is first thing in the morning, with no makeup. At that point I feel I fully look my age. Especially the crows feet from squinting into the sun. Now, how I feel many times is a whole other story...

The only time I look my age is when I have a beard and I'm really squinting (you see my crow's feet). When I'm clean shaven or just have some stubble (like my profile pic), I am usually told I look young/mid 20s. It will be (hopefully!) cool to look young 30s when I hit 40! I try to drink a lot of water, eat right and exercise to maintain this

I'm now in late 20s, usually mistaken for being about 5 or 6 years younger. Don't get asked for ID as much anymore. Although cashiers/bartenders stare at me for a good 30 secs before deciding if they should! My younger sister is mistaken for the older one but I put that down to years of smoking, drinking, and terrible make up haha

someone at work saw a picture of my 29yr son on my pc. . asked if it was my boyfriend.

So either my boy looks old. . or . .they need glasses themselves

I have my moms genes. .She has always and still looks young for her age.

So I've been fortunate. . tho father time is gaining a little ground lately.

It is humbling watch yourself age though . .darn right scary sometimes!

Yeah reinvent, I don't know how old you are, but you do look like you're aging quite nicely

It's weird seeing the beginnings of aging myself as well. For the most part, when clean shaven, I get told I look young/mid 20s...but there are sometimes when I look at myself and think I look "older." Not necessarily my exact age or whatever, but I can see that the process has began haha. I look at pictures of myself in college and I look like a baby even then!

Archived