Am I getting somewhere or is this hopeless?

lonetiger

My life currently: 19 and crushing on this guy. I feel like sometimes he gives me signals and then sometimes he doesn't do anything. I catch him looking at me but then again, I catch him looking at other girls and talks about them with his friends. Whether he wants me to hear or not is undetermined. He hugs me when he makes me mad and when I'm upset, these are good long hugs. The summer is coming and that means dorm life and seeing him everyday is going to come to an end. I can't say anything because I don't want to make a friendship awkward. I don't know what to do or if anything is even worth it. Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I know how I feel. I will always be the girl that does whatever he wants, secretly hoping that he'll finally notice me that way. Am I getting somewhere or is this hopeless?

I wouldn't say hopeless. You may be "one of" the girls he's interested in. But if you are doing whatever he wants, you may come off as too easy. And easy girls are not as attractive as hard to catch girls. Try to have him "miss you." If you've been around him almost everyday, would he notice when you're away for a couple of days without seeing him? Would he care enough to notice and say "hey, where have you been?" Summer time is a good time to also make him miss you. Of course, you don't have to drop out of his life completely since "out of sight" can lead to "out of mind." But you could occasionally pop into social media such as text and say "hi." However, if you really wanna catch his attention, you really should work on a dramatic change after the summer when you return to school. Almost to the point of him saying "hey, I almost didn't recognize you" and not in a bad way.

Try to investigate what type of girls he is interested in, long haired girls, curly hair or straight, girly girls, tomboyish girls etc. If you really like him, you can try to "reform" yourself into such a dramatic look he would like. But DON'T do it before summer. It just won't be dramatic enough. There's gotta be time that elapses before it can be dramatic. Besides, if you do it before summer, it'll just look like you're trying too hard.

In my experience, if he's bold enough to hug you, he's bold enough to ask you out and he hasn't. Unfortunately this means he's just not that into you. He glances at you and sometimes gives you signals because he knows you have a crush on him and it's an ego boost. I've been there. It's frustrating. There will be a guy who is crazy about you and will make sure you know it, but it's not him. Start thinking of him as just another attractive guy, but your future bf lies elsewhere.

Archived